Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007, 05:49 PM

I been to Bermuda before but never to the beach at the Dock Yard. I would like some info about the beach. Someone told me that you can walk to the beach from the ship. Also is the water calm on that side?

Thanks for you help.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:20 PM

I actually used to live in Bermuda, and have cruised there many times since them (and docked at the dockyard on 3 different occassions), but I am not aware of a beach right near the Dockyard. I am assuming that you are referring to the "Royal Dockyard" and not Hamilton or St. Georges... but the beautiful beaches are just a bus ride away, and the scenery on the way there is breathtaking!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Administrator

There's a small beach called Snorkel Park Beach near the Dockyards. I believe it was built up recently for the tourist trade. Is this the one you were thinking of? Here's a LINK.

The South Shore beaches that jodiroadie mentions are indeed an easy ride away -- the #7 bus goes right by them -- and I highly recommend them for their beauty and tranquility. They are well worth the time to get there. The link I provided above is something completely different.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LisaP:

There's a small beach called Snorkel Park Beach near the Dockyards. I believe it was built up recently for the tourist trade. Is this the one you were thinking of? Here's a LINK.

The South Shore beaches that jodiroadie mentions are indeed an easy ride away -- the #7 bus goes right by them -- and I highly recommend them for their beauty and tranquility. They are well worth the time to get there. The link I provided above is something completely different.
Thanks LisaP,

Snorkel Park Beach, that'the one. I'm going to go there and thanks for the link it was very helpful.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:29 AM

Sorry everyone I'm posting all over the place again. I have to get it together. Something I'm not doing right when I try to post to the person that replied to my post I find myself posting somewhere el se.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Happy to help.

If it's calmer waters you are seeking, though, I do recommend the beaches on Bermuda's South Shore (such as Horseshoe Bay, Jobson Cove, etc.) Snorkel Park Beach appears to be more out in the open. But, if you're looking for activities such as you might find on a cruise line's private island, you might give this a try. Enjoy!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:17 PM

Wow-you learn something new everyday! I guess it's like when you live in NYC--you never do get to the Empire State Building!

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
areas, bay, beach, beaches, bermuda, caribbean, cruise, day, dock, dockyard, horseshoe, park, royal, ship, snorkel, yarda