Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 05:01 PM

Hi, first cruise coming up in Sept.v.excited! can I just ask a couple of questions-not exciting stuff- are there showers in the bathrooms on B of the Seas, and I know there are laundry facilities avail, but will I be shot if I choose to wash through a few "smalls" and leave to dry in the bathroom? don't want to be made to walk the plank on 1st trip! thanks!
Old 07-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Hello, and welcome to cruise-chat.

All cabins have at least a shower in their bathrooms. You will also find bathtubs with showers in the larger cabins and suites at the higher end of the price range.

No problem with washing out a few things in the bathroom sink. In fact you most likely will find a retractable clothes line attached to the wall of your cabin bathroom.

Royal Caribbean doesn't have self-serve laundries on their ships so other than using your sink for small items you have to use the ship's laundry service (which costs money).
Old 07-07-2008, 07:17 AM

thanks to Dave Beers for info. re.Brilliance of the Seas, v. helpful.Really looking forward to our cruise, will probably be asking your help again nearer the time!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:21 AM

Hello polymariner, welcome to Cruise-Chat!

You're going to love sailing on the Brilliance. I've often washed some item in the bathroom. Some people pack a small container of laundry detergent just for that purpose. The retactable clothes line Dave mentions is in the shower stall. If you have a balcony cabin, hanging items over the back of a chair will get then dry in a couple of hours if the sun is on them. On my last cruise I washed a T-shirt that I spilled some coke on, and I really liked how fresh the T-shirt smelled after it dried. I just used the bar soap that the ships furnishes and the spot was gone.

We like it when fellow cruisers ask questionsówe'll be here to answer any questions you ask.

Sonny
Old 07-08-2008, 09:15 AM

Thank you Sonny V for your helpful reply, nice to have a chat facility like this, will probably be back with more questions before Sept. 8 weeks today and counting! regards, polymariner
Old 07-17-2008, 01:49 PM
To add to this-the laundry service on the ship is great-they do a wonderful job, similar to a dry-cleaner on shore, and the price really isn't too expensive. It is, however, another reason to NOT over pack-on our first cruise, the wife barely made it through the 1st quarter of the biggest piece of luggage we own. She now is a traveler and packs just enough-which is great since many air lines are charging for the 1st bag-smaller carry-ons are going to be the next rage I think

Closed Thread

Tags
bathrooms, billiance, brilliance, caribbean, clothesline, clotheslines, facilities, laundry, pack, restroom, royal, sea, seas, soap, stateroom