Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 12:23 PM

Leaving on December 4 on the Navigator there is 2 days at sea and 2 ports - Can anyone tell me what I should pack in clothes - and anything else I might need? "I'm into re-wearing"
Old 11-12-2010, 02:37 PM

Here is a list of SUGGESTED attire according to Royal Caribbean. If you like to dress up for formal night, then you will need just one dressy outfit. I'm not sure if you're male or female. I'm a male, and for my formal night, I choose to go dressy and wear slacks, button down shirt, tie, and sport coat. Formal night is not what it used to be back in the day, so even just slacks and a nice button down should be fine.

I assume you're going to the Caribbean. It is mainly shorts and t shirt weather during the day, and of course, don't forget your swim suit. On the days at sea, it can be windy, but not at all cold.

One tip though. On that first day, pack your first evenings wear, any medications you need that first night, swim suit in a carry on bag you can carry on the ship in case your luggage doesn't get delivered by the time you have to go to dinner.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 11-13-2010, 05:52 PM

If you are a man and you wear undershirts under dress shirts don't forget them..My husband forgot his plain white undershirts..He had to purchase a couple RCCL (Freedom of the Seas) tshirts with writing on it..Could see writing through his white dress shirt. Freedom did NOT sell plain white shirts.
He brought 1 suit (with couple different dress shirts..pink and white) and couple pair of dress slacks. He brought couple polo shirts, few (3 or 4) ties.
Oh ya do not forget dress socks..Yes husband forgot his dress socks also.
IF your a woman..I brought 1 suit (skirt suit), 2 dresses(I only used 1), and 3 skorts (skirts with shorts underneath)..I only wore 1. I did wear suit once. I brought 2 dress shoes..Both went with all outfits, Husband only liked one pair.
I agree with MCPayne with packing meds, etc. One more detail is sunscreen. We brought 1 normal size spray screen and 1 stick (I use for face)sunscreen. The stick is travel size so can put it in carry on..worst case senerio you could use on rest of body. BUY 2 spray bottles. We had to buy another bottle on board. I like spray rather than "lotion" kind..Easier to use spray on back then the "lotion"
Enjoy your cruise

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
On that first day, pack your first evenings wear, any medications you need that first night, swim suit in a carry on bag...
Excellent advice, yet I strongly suggest that you hand-carry all of your medications, not just those needed the first night.

This may not apply to you, yet I am of the age where I recently started to need reading glasses. I can do without them while on deck, yet reading the dining room menus in subdued lighting was difficult.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:09 PM

Consider bringing a tux for formal nights. Not required. But you'll be surrounded by gorgeous evening wear and you'll be standing there in your casual blazer.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:18 AM

Corkscrew,travel size sewing kit and first aid kit.

B
Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 AM
Electrical power strip, mini bottle of bug repelent if your doing some sort of jungle excursion (they have it on the boat but $$$), photo copies of your official identification, and of course a wrist watch.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LisaP:
Excellent advice, yet I strongly suggest that you hand-carry all of your medications, not just those needed the first night.
Thanks for that correction, Lisa. That's actually what I meant. Pack ALL medications in the carry on, and in their original container if you can, in case there's any question with security.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 11-15-2010, 08:01 AM

Camera with extra batteries and memory cards, and a HUGE smile! I'm so happy you're getting back on board
Old 11-15-2010, 11:34 AM
If you wear glasses, an eyeglass repair kit. Also, pack some pepto or immodium, and allegy or cold medicine. Our last cruise the box of cold & allerg pills was $14.95; we were smart enough to bring it with us.....

Closed Thread

Tags
boys, caribbean, cruise, day, forget, forgot, freedom, liberty, mature, pack, royal, seas, tube, unexpected, youtube