Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2006, 04:46 AM

getting ready to book our Alaska Cruise for next year....have narrowed it down to "serenade of the sea" or "infinity" can I get some feedback on these two ships. thks

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-27-2006, 10:37 PM

I really can't tell you much about Infinity. However, I just returned from a southern Caribbean cruise on Serenade this past February. It is a beautiful ship. The staff are extremely friendly and congenial in spite of the 18 to 20 hour days that they work. I've heard from many friends and other cruise reviews that the staff on RCCL are more congenial than on Celebrity, where they are more formal. Serenade has beautiful decor throughout the ship. The Safari Club at the back of the ship was my favorite place to get away from it all. It was only regularly occupied during the evening and was mostly quiet during the day. It's a great place to crash in a comfy chair with a good book and a drink in the middle of the day when you've tired of the constant crowd at the pool. There are 2 pools on Serenade. One is in the Solarium and has 2 giant golden elephants at each end of the pool. The cabins are representative of your normal cruise cabin and are decorated in
red and gold or blue and gold. I have recently booked my first Celebrity cruise and am waiting very impatiently. I'll let you know which I preferred when I get back.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:44 PM

I seen that you went on the Serenade recently. Have you been on the Adventure of the Seas?

We are planning on going in April, either the Adventure or Serenade. Do you know if they have minature golf on either of those ships?
Old 11-13-2006, 09:27 PM

I have not been on the serenade but i have been on the infinity, and that ship is very, very relaxing and soo mellow. It is beautifly designed and most spacious, If you want to spend time with your hubby while the kids are entertained that is the ship to go on. The kids program is wonderful and the food, as always is, for me, five star!!! There are also many older folks on that ship, so if you are a little bit younger the lines for the more active activities are always short, and BINGO will be packed! But if you are a little bit older, you will find there are not so many kids running around. and plenty of new people to meet around the ship! Have Fun!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 12:32 PM

Lovetocruise, unfortunately my husband won't fly, so I always go with a girlfriend, and we have a "more" than a wonderful time. I tell my husband it is his "loss."
Old 11-14-2006, 12:41 PM

Just you and a girlfriend, wow even better! you will be able to do more things without having to do them by yourself! Such as a spa treatment, hair up do's for the fancy diners, and most importantly, a masage! If you do end up wanting to book a masage, then as soon as you get on the ship go strait to the spa area and book it, they get pretty full.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:35 AM

Love-tocruise, you mentioned about my girlfriend and I doing different things. You mentioned about the spa, but I and "dressing" up which we love to do. Actually we are different from everyone else, we dress up every night, but on formal night, we even dress up more.

Also, just a hint, in the cosmetics area, if one of the girls that works there is not too busy, sometimes they will do your makeup for a formal night. I knew my friend would like it too, so I ask her (she just happened to have an opening) if she would do my friend, so she did. We both felt very "pampered."

Closed Thread