Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 08:30 AM

Just wondering what might be the "best" place for us to zip line? We are on Liberty of the Seas for Easter. Only 22 days till we sail for the FIRST time! Excited, but nervous about choosing shore excursions. Has anyone done the Canopy Tour in Puerto Rico? How about the Tree Top Adventure in St. Marteen? We would like to know if one is "better" than the other? WE have looked at Dragon's Breath, but some of our group wanted their zip-line to be more of a jungle adventure! ANY input would be greatly appreciated!! If any one has some suggestions for a "must do" excursion, PLEASE let me know!! We stop in San Juan, St. Marteen and Labadee. Thanks!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:06 PM

We did the zip-line in Labadee last April and loved it. It had only been opened about 6 months or so before we were there. It is a long zip-line over trees and the ocean. We too will be sailing for Easter - I will also be watching what others recommend for St. Maarten. Have a great time!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-20-2009, 01:23 PM

Labadee was fun when we went there but its not as intimidating of a place I thought it would be, nor as big as I thought. I am scared of new places so we did excursions at all our ports. Labadee felt more like a big party place/relaxation place. So when we go back again next year we are personally not going to do any excursions there and save that day for a rest since I tend to wear out on cruises.

The Dragon's Rock is neat to see but its a short walk to the top and then you list and learn a bit there and thats it.

So if your looking to do a zip line there you can probably see/hear the dragon also. Just head over to the rock before or after your zip line.

Hope this helps you. I am sure anything you choose will be a great experience and time.

Mariner of the Seas Jan 2007
Oasis of the Seas April 2010
Old 03-20-2009, 05:23 PM

Was reading that the cost for the zip-line at Labadee was $105. Is it really worth the cost? I would rather pay down the bar bill for that amount.

Cate M.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:04 AM

I think that it depends on personal preference. We thought it was a great experience last year. We also did the Royal Dolphin swim in Cozumel which was more expensive than the zip-line. We agreed that these were once in a lifetime excursions, but things that we really wanted to try. So... we did feel that it was worth it!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:51 AM

I was a huge fan of the zipine in Labadee...We are both in our 30's and had a great time.. It was well worth the money i thought.

St. Maarten, I was not impressed at all. When we got back by the ship, we went the little outside bar there, had a cuban cigar and a drink.... that was about all St. Maarten has to offer.. unless you want liquor and jewelry, typical island.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:46 AM

Food for thought: Labadee's zip line is the longest zip line over water in the world.

Royalcruiser, St. Maarten has a lot to offer. To tell anyone that all it has to offer is a Cuban cigar and a drink, and that it's just a "typical island, is a delusive description. St. Tomas and St. Maarten are two great ports of call.

Sonny
Old 03-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by catiemor:
Was reading that the cost for the zip-line at Labadee was $105. Is it really worth the cost? I would rather pay down the bar bill for that amount.

Cate M.
The cost is 85 dollars. Still quite pricey, but when will you have the opportunity to be on the longest over-the-water zipline again?
You can drink rum at home.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 03-21-2009, 03:23 PM

Hummm...let's see... $85 divided by 45 seconds...that's only $1.89 per second!

Sonny
Old 03-22-2009, 05:55 AM

Quote:
The cost is 85 dollars. Still quite pricey, but when will you have the opportunity to be on the longest over-the-water zipline again?
You can drink rum at home.
I just checked the price again on the web site. Being a Canadian, all the prices show up in Canadian dollars and the price today is $108.80. So for my DH and I to go it would be $217.60 Canadian. A few more dollars a second.

Still have almost a year to think about it. Will start saving our loonie and toonie coins and see what we come up with.

Cate M.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cost, excursion, excursions, labadee, line, maarten, money, places, puerto, reviews, rico, royal, st, zip, zipline