Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2005, 09:15 AM

Has anyone ever Gone back to back on the same ship in the same room? If so what happens on the turnover sunday after your first week ? Can you stay in your room? Also We are going to Orlando airport 2 days before cruise is there transportation from Airport to Cape canaveral hotels?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:40 PM

From what I understand you can book back to back cruises and stay in the same stateroom. You would need to reserve these cruises far enough in advance to offer the availability of this type of request. On the turnover I believe you will need to exit the ship and have a go through the process of having your picture taken for your pass for the second week. Basically you will have to ask these questions when making your reservation as I am sure all cruise lines have their special requirements for these circumstances.
I know there is lots of transportation available from the Orlando airport to the port, but why not purchase the transfers from the cruise line? I believe they are reasonable for this particular transfer.
Good luck with your plans.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:57 PM

If you are flying in 2 days early and plan to stay at a hotel in Cape Canaveral - I suggest you consider renting a car. Cruiseline transfers are only provided the day of the cruise.
Sandy
Old 11-16-2005, 05:21 PM

I cruised with several people who had booked back-to-back cruises, and they were not specifically guaranteed the same cabin for both cruises. They learned a day or two before the turnover day of their 2nd cabin assignment - in both cases, they were assigned the same one, which was quite convenient, as they didn't have to pack. They were allowed to disembark and do some sightseeing, but had to wait to re-embark until the ship was available for all oncoming passengers.

As "cruisemaster" pointed out, you will need to ask ahead of time about the logistics of all this. Sailing back-to-back itineraries is fairly common, though not by any means what the majority of cruise passengers choose to do.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:24 AM

We just recently did a back-to-back cruise. We had booked the same room for the entire cruise so didn't encounter any problems there. Our only complaint was that as back-to-back guests without an excusion booked in Miami, we were made to wait till all other passengers were off the ship before we could disembark. In our case this was 11.45am and we felt like we'd wasted what could have been a lovely quiet day on the ship relaxing.

Once off, we had to go through immigration and passport control/security and come back on. In total this took about an hour (we are non US citizens). When you get back on board you can not get back in to your stateroom until after 1pm due to extensive cleaning taking place in all rooms and corridors. But you are of course then free to use all other amenities such as the pools, restaurants, etc etc, before the next weeks guests come aboard!

Next time we would be prepared for a wait and possibly book a trip to disembark early, but we would not hesitate to back-to back again.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:05 PM

We recently sailed on the Serenade of the Seas on two back-to-back cruises in the same stateroom. It was pure bliss! We went to breakfast in the early morning, and then, while everyone on the ship was leaving, we had the Solarium Pool all to ourselves for four hours--just wonderful.

We had our cruise cards taken care of the day before at the Pursers Desk; I remember it being a fairly seamless and smooth day.

Lana

Closed Thread

Tags
back, backtoback, book, caribbean, cruise, hotel, packing, royal, stay