Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Welcome back and Bon Voyage! Glad to hear you had a good cruise in all, sorry the temps weren't too good. May the next one be picture perfect weather!
LOL...sure beats the 11 degrees and snow that we're getting today!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 01-26-2009, 04:50 PM

TexCruise—

I was planning to do the "My Time" eating next week. I wasn't aware that we had to make reservations. I thought we could just walk up when ever we were hungry. I knew we might have to wait awhile, but that's OK. I tried to make reservations for Portofino's for Valentine's Day, but all the tables for two are already taken. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it while aboard.

Sonny
Old 01-26-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
TexCruise—

I was planning to do the "My Time" eating next week. I wasn't aware that we had to make reservations. I thought we could just walk up when ever we were hungry. I knew we might have to wait awhile, but that's OK. I tried to make reservations for Portofino's for Valentine's Day, but all the tables for two are already taken. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it while aboard.

Sonny
Sonny, sorry for the misunderstanding. You don't have to make reservations. I was just suggesting that to keep from waiting. You can just show up....no problem there.

She's a great ship.....enjoy your time on her

Old 01-26-2009, 07:48 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. It should be interesting to meet different people every night. Almost like having breakfast in the main dining room...only you get to talk to people a little longer.

Sonny
Old 01-28-2009, 03:39 PM

Hey TexCruise,
We were on the IOS with yall and for the most part it was great! We had a problem with our room steward but after dealing with Guest Relations the issue was solved. We didn't like our My Time dining experiences so we ate most nights in Windjammer. We had the same waiter,Jean-Paul who was awesome! I never carried my own plate or beverage and he pulled my chair out for me. He knew what we liked for dessert and brought each of us plates of samples after each meal! He also brought the DGC hot choc to take out with them each night!
Our only complaint all week(besides the cool temps) was that the pool water was FREEZING! Even some of the French Canadians remarked on it, what happened to heated pools on the Indy???
Have just booked the Freedom for Next Jan to the Eastern Caribbean! Can't wait!!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:01 PM

We should have got together for a drink or something! We talked about this a long time ago....sorry I forgot
I missed Sonny in October on Mariner I get on a cruise ship and just get into another world. I really enjoy meeting folks that we have visited with on the boards!

We never got in the pools. LOL

Did you think "My Time" was a little dis-organized like I did?

The WJ was great in the evenings. We really did enjoy our time in there just as you did.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:19 PM

After reading cj1's statement about "My Time" dining, I decided to call my TA tomorrow and cancel it. I'd rather not come back off the cruise and have the same report. I'm sure I'll cruise again sometime...maybe by then they'll have their act together and I'll do the "My Time" thing.

Sonny
Old 01-29-2009, 12:15 PM

Good idea! Along with TexCruise I thought the "My Time" dining sounded good, but I got the impression that you were at the mercy of whichever servers weren't busy at the moment. I think they need to work out a system...especially on a ship as large as the IOS.
Don't worry TexCruise-we'll all end up on the same cruise again-it's fate!

Closed Thread

Tags
8216, celebrity, eclipse, reviews, room