Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2006, 02:26 PM

I have booked a cruise on the Grandeur leaving from Baltimore on may 26. Goes to Freeport, Key West, Costa Maya, Cozumel amd Port Canveral. Does anyone have suggestions on whether we should book our excursions through the cruise ship or when we get to the port go on our own. Fefinitley want to do a ruin tour, glass bottom boat or sub ride, parasailing and a great beach day. Any suggestions. Going with out "kids" 19 and 20.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:26 AM

In Key West, you need to go to the Blond Giraffe for some killer key lime pie. They're about a block off the main street, you can take the tram from the pier to downtown. Haven't been to Freeport for years, the King's Inn used to be a fun place to visit, don't know if it is still there, but there are plenty of great beaches. Telhum and Xel-ha are great places in Cozumel. Telhum is the ruins, Xel-ha is a great place to snorkel. We went to Chanakaab Park the last time we were there for a swim with the Dolphins--that was awesome. Fat Tuesdays had great Margaritas. Port Canaveral you can get tours of the space center. Haven't been to Costa Maya in years, so I'm sure it's changed a lot, but there are some great beaches there as well. We normally book through the ship because they will wait if your tour runs late. We've done some great tours by asking the drivers around the port how much they would charge to give us a tour of local spots. Many people book through private companies, but I know by booking through the ship we wont get left behind. So far we've had great luck with the agencies they use. Have a wonderful time!!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:36 AM

What you do depends on your preferences. I would do any sort of beach/parasailing on your own. If you have a certain beach you want to go just tell the cab driver. If I have no idea or can't decide between one or two beaches I find it's best to ask the crew on the ship. They go to these islands all the time and know them very well. They have never led me astray. And parasailing is always cheaper on your own - why pay a middle man?

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 05-01-2006, 09:50 AM

Thanks for some great advice
Old 05-03-2006, 09:52 AM

for Parasailing and a great beach in Cozumel have a look at San Fransisco Beach Club all food and drinks are included for $40 and the drinking at in Mexico is 18 plus they have parasailing right from the beach!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:48 AM

I like that idea. Does that price include the parasailing too?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:35 PM

no, I think it was $50 or 55 for the parasailing

Closed Thread