Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2005, 04:57 PM

I'm in the process of recruiting friends to cruise with us on the Mariner of the Seas and I just looked at the 360 room photos on another site. I absolutely love Royal Caribbean, but the bedspreads always look so faded and dull. I know they must be washed after every cruise but even so, there must be a way to keep them looking fresh. Everything else on the RC ships is so beautiful.

I make my own quilts. I wash them at least every other week and they stay lovely for close to 10 years. I know it's possible to find good cotton fabric that will live through frequent laundering.

Let me amend that paragraph. I make quilts when I'm not searching for the perfect cruise. Then I live on the computer and write emails to strangers.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:06 PM

The quilts sound lovely. I am sure RC doesn't even think of that but trying to keep us all free from infection. (For that I am sure we are all thankful)
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 07-26-2005, 05:15 PM

lol-as long as the sheets are new,the fading of the bedspread is the least
Old 07-26-2005, 05:15 PM

i will be on the voyager,9/23-i will let u know
Old 07-26-2005, 05:55 PM

Yeh, I know. I want clean first and pretty second. But I still kinda want pretty. Would they think I was totally nuts if I smuggled quilts onto the ship? Just kidding. I need room in my suitcases for all the clothes I don't wear but thought were a good idea when I packed.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:10 PM

oh u r so right,no such thing as knowing what not to pack.take everything,better to have it and not need it....................
Old 07-27-2005, 12:48 AM

Have been on the new Jewel last year and I`m sure that they dont wash them often.
There must have been a smoking passenger in our stateroom before we arrived and the bedspreads were stinking so terrible. But it took 2 days to get us washed bedspreads.

This year on the Zenith they changed all the bedspreads in the second week. I never saw this before on other ships.

Marita

Old 07-28-2005, 03:47 PM

Unfortunately, I think the bedspread quilt rule holds true with cruise cabins as it does hotel rooms. The sheets get changed and cleaned for each new guest, but the quilts DO NOT get cleaned or changed for each new guest. I know its disgusting, but true.
Dateline did an undercover segment on how clean is your cabin? and it was very alarming at what was found and where. I guess you have to think of it as a hotel room. It can only get cleaned so well.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:06 PM

EEEWWWWW!

I just assumed they washed them after every cruise. I can't tell you the number of times I've napped on top of the bedspread.

I guess I'll quit worrying about how pretty they don't look.

Closed Thread

Tags
bedspread, marian