Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 07:22 PM

I can only imagine how busy the Royal Champions are with people complaining about the take-a-ways.

Sonny
Old 03-29-2009, 10:49 AM

I have just sent this email to RCCL. Are the C&A responsible RCCL managers as shortsighted as our reputed bank managers not understanding what is going on in the real world?

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,we have switched last year from NCL to RCCL because of the advantageous amenities with Crown&Anchor Club. Our goal was to achieve Diamond status as soon as possible in order to use the Concierge Club amenities on board. (i.e.for 2008 we have selected RCCL for 2 transatlantic cruises with the Voyager and 2009 one Caribbean and one Transatlantic in spring with Navigator in order to achieve Diamond status for our 2nd 2009 transatlantic cruise on Voyager.) This is the only reason/incentive to stay loyal to RCCL. Now that you have changed in an outrageous coup that even Diamond members can not enter the Concierge Club on the Navigator and the Voyager anymore, I will get rid of all my RCCL shares ( also because of RCCL's backfiring policy of not allowing combining rebates like Balcony/shares/onboard early booking) and most importantly, will not cruise with RCCL anymore, thus will cancel my already booked future cruises with RCCL. There is enough other than RCCL competition with attractive offers!Please be aware that we have booked RCCL in 2008 and 2009 only due to the reason to get access to Concierge Club as a Diamond member. A real shame how RCCL drives loyal members in the arms of other cruise lines and stabbs members striving for Concierge club access into the back.
Greetings from Germany

Old 03-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Is it my imagination or is it a fact that RCCL prices have become just a tad higher than their market competition for the same ports/duration of cruise/travel dates! Maybe there is a message here to cruise lover's (and it is not a very good one)!

BillyBuzzy
Old 03-29-2009, 09:43 PM

Cutting back on perks and raising booking prices doesn't sound like they have a gifted marketing department. I talked to my best cruising buddy today, and he told me that he and his wife won't be doing any more cruises with us unless it's with another cruise line that Royal Caribbean. It's hard for me to believe that they'll continue to sail with full ships week after week. There has to be a big drop off in bookings, and tons of cancellations on existing bookings. Way to go you marketing guru's.

Sonny
Old 03-30-2009, 05:19 AM

Soooooooooooooo Sorry ! RCI is like most every other business of late; they suck you in with all the frills and benes, only to slowly take them all away and reward newbies and crap on the most loyal and beneficial customers and shareholders that continue to make them money by extolling the greatness (former in this case)of the particular company that had earned their respect and loyalty.

I, for one, will now be looking at ALL the cruise lines from now on and book the ones that meet our needs at the particular time we are looking to book.

Peter1

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-30-2009, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
Cutting back on perks and raising booking prices doesn't sound like they have a gifted marketing department. I talked to my best cruising buddy today, and he told me that he and his wife won't be doing any more cruises with us unless it's with another cruise line that Royal Caribbean. It's hard for me to believe that they'll continue to sail with full ships week after week. There has to be a big drop off in bookings, and tons of cancellations on existing bookings. Way to go you marketing guru's.

Sonny
If I remember correctly, you're a D+ member so this move won't affect you directly.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:56 PM

Yes, RichC, you remember correctly. However, it does affect me because most of my friends are Diamond Members. I won't be visiting the Concierge Lounge too often because my friends won't be able to join me unless we sail on Freedom or Genesis Class ships.

Sonny
Old 03-31-2009, 07:57 AM

After we take all the cruises we have booked, we would be only be 4 credits away from D+.....but, I'm concerned by the time we get there, 'Ol RCL will make other changes. It seems like every time that we get somewhere they take something else away.

Well, we've been wondering if we've been missing something by not cruising other lines. As I've stated many times, we have been very happy with our RCL cruises. I'm very seriously considering cancelling our Freedom cruise in October and booking a Carnival cruise. Basically the same itenerary, cabin type (balcony), etc for 1/2 the price....50%......or maybe a Princess. If I can find something that intriques me in July, I may cancel Enchantment.
We'll decide in the next couple of days.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 03-31-2009, 09:53 AM

Pardon me if this isn't new to anyone but from what I understand, RCI is also eliminating the little gifts they used to give out - like the tote bags, baseball caps, etc. It seems like this is the giveback week.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RichC:
Pardon me if this isn't new to anyone but from what I understand, RCI is also eliminating the little gifts they used to give out - like the tote bags, baseball caps, etc. It seems like this is the giveback week.
LOL...anyone want a cap....I think I have 10 or 12

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011

Closed Thread

Tags
address, amenities, ccl, concierge, cruise, diamond, email, emoticon, lounge, members, oasis, perks, rccl, rcl, seas, ship, suite