Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 06:25 PM

Looks like RCL is taking concierge access away from Diamond members in the near future. Only suite guests and diamond + will have these perks. Freedom class and Oasis will still have diamond lounges.

Cruising with Royal Caribbean International is truly a rewarding experience, especially when you're a member of the Crown & Anchor Society. The more you treat yourself to our amazing cruises, the more we reward you with benefits and extras. And with our Crown & Anchor Society Youth Program, the entire family can enjoy the rewards!

Member Benefits Changes effective July 1, 2009
Starting July 1st there will be some changes to our Crown & Anchor Society benefits. Crown & Anchor members will continue to receive their most valued benefits such as discounts on cruises, savings certificates and priority embarkation and debarkation. Our Platinum and Diamond members also will continue to receive discounts on suite category staterooms including the recently introduced upgraded services and amenities for suite guests.

The changes include:
A new Ultimate Value Booklet with coupons for various onboard amenities.
An upgraded wine tasting event at a special price
A new special event, hosted by our ship officers for Diamond and above members to meet and mingle with other fellow members, will feature complimentary wine, champagne and hors d'oeuvres.

Due to limited capacity, the Concierge Lounge has not been able to accommodate our growing membership, challenging our ability to provide the optimum experience for our guests. Therefore the Concierge Lounge will now be accessible to our suite and Diamond Plus guests only. Diamond Members cruising on Freedom Class ships, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas will continue to be able to experience exclusive access to a dedicated Diamond Lounge on these ships, which feature a complimentary 'happy hour' from 5-8:30pm daily.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Royal Caribbean. For the convenience of all our Crown &Anchor members, the following chart outlines all benefits, starting July 1. If you are cruising between now and July 1 and have questions about your benefits please contact the Crown & Anchor Society at 1-800-526-9723 or e-mail then at crownandanchor@rccl.com.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 03-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Thanks Tex.

So now I know - they have driven me to only cruise on 3 current and eventually at total of 5 ships out of a 20+ ship fleet if I want full diamond member services. And there will be nothing but wine and lackluster hors d'oeuvres at the C&A party.

Bravo Zulu, RCI! I'll be thinking of you on my next Princess cruise.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:18 PM

Our next cruise is on Enchantment and I was sure looking forward to it as I've heard great things about the CL on there.....July 16th, 16 days to late I guess

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 03-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Being a world-class wise guy, my mind is already swirling with sarcastic ideas for this.

"RCI today announced new "cubic zirconia" benefits for their "diamond" members on select voyages! Debuting on July 1st, RCI Crown & Anchor members at the Diamond level will be able to use newly diminished member benefits on most of the RCI fleet. "We are proud to offer these new lesser benefits to our loyal Diamond Crown & Anchor members, said RCI spokesperson Ima Schmuck. We hope this will drive these previously loyal cruisers away so we don't have to give them free drinks and snacks so often. RCI's current business model features the "new" cruiser and we are focusing on them. Loyalty members have long since become a drag on our profits and are, frankly, leeches that we are trying to remove from the body corporate."

....does that sound about right?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:10 PM

That sounds about right Dave!

They should have thought of this ahead of time. Nothing is going to tick people off worse than having perks taken away.

Dwayne
Old 03-27-2009, 09:18 PM

Great! So now I can go into the Concierge Lounge where my wife and I can drink alone because my Diamond friends are somewhere else. That should make for a wonderful cruise—NOT! It won't be long and my D+ status will be diminished to a bag of peanuts and a cookie. On second thought, I don't think I can combine a bag of peanuts and a cookie...I'll have to choose one or the other.

Sonny
Old 03-27-2009, 09:48 PM

Sonny, I had to take a second look at your smiley. I wasn't sure which finger was gesturing. I wouldn't be happy about this either if I was you. They need to grandfather the people in at the current level and build a bigger Concierge Lounge if necessary. JMHO.

Dwayne
Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Hey guys, RCI isn't the only line that can take a benefit away, but make it sound like you're actually getting something wonderful.

This is Princess' new policy on laundry service for Elite Captain's Circle Members:

PRINCESS COMES CLEAN – COMPLIMENTARY LAUNDRY SERVICES FOR ELITE MEMBERS

While all Circle Members can take advantage of our laundry services onboard, Elite Members enjoy this onboard convenience at no extra cost, a benefit that saves money and gives them more to enjoy on their vacation.

It's important to note that as Princess becomes more environmentally conscious, some ships have moved away from traditional dry-cleaning and have adopted more environmentally friendly laundry options. Regardless of the method, you can rest assured that all of your clothing items, from your personal effects to your formal wear, will be laundered with care.

To take advantage of this valuable service, simply fill out the Laundry Services form found in your stateroom, place your clothes in the bag provided and your room steward will take care of it from there. And although express laundry service – where garments turned in by 9 a.m. are returned the same day by 6 p.m. – is not guaranteed in the complimentary Elite laundry, the ship always does its best to get your laundry back in a timely manner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What they gloss over quickly is the fact that there is no more dry cleaning service--for Elite, or anybody else. Now I don't know about you, but I'm not about to send my formal wear to the laundry.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:40 PM

It is incredible how they word these releases to spin them in a positive direction. I guess if Carnival ever takes away the complimentary "fluff and fold" service for Platinum members, they'll tell people they have a change machine in the launderettes now for their convenience.

It is my opinion that loyal customers have helped build these cruise lines up through word of mouth. I don't think any loyalty program should take perks away whatever they may be.

Dwayne
Old 03-28-2009, 04:14 AM

Every time I get near a "milemark" they take away the perks. I'm one point away from Diamond on RCI and I'm Platinum and working on Elite on Princess. That just burns me up. Why would you be loyal to a line when they do this?
I wonder when they'll pull the concierge for Diamond Plus? Or have a "minimal" charge for the drinks if they do let you in?

Closed Thread

Tags
address, amenities, ccl, concierge, cruise, diamond, email, emoticon, lounge, members, oasis, perks, rccl, rcl, seas, ship, suite