Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SONNYV:
quote:
Originally posted by Sonu:
I just came back about a week ago and i gained 4 pounds. But contradictory to everyone else's opinion on the quality of the food, i would have to say it was good, but not excellent. Quantity there was tons, but quality, i think it got much better in the last 4 days of the cruise. We loved the pizza in the cafe promenade and loved their desserts. There fruits were not sweet at all. Their steak was not cooked properly except for the last evening. Overall, i still loved it and would do the cruise again.
You must not have been on the Navigator. The food WAS excellent on the Navigator.

Actually Sonny, i think appreciation for good food is very subjective and is based on many factors. What you might think is good, i might think is mediocore or vice versa. But as i did mention, the food on the Voyager in the dining room got really good on the 4th day and i was having 2 dishes at a time.

Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts

Old 03-16-2007, 06:45 AM
Banned

Yup, gimme some fried spam on wheat, with holandaise sauce, chased by a Bud Light....ahhhh, Heaven.

Actually, food is subjective; many folks say escargot is wonderful; forget it; I ain't eatin' no snails. Sushi is a popular food these days (can you believe it's on the menu in Silicon Valley middle schools? Dang dotcommers, Unbelieveable). From my subjective taste buds, I ain't eatin' no bait, either. I have tried 'em....don't like 'em. Those are about the only foods I won't eat.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Banned

I remember one of my first cruises....trying caviar.....yyyyyyyuuukk. Didn't think I was cut out for cruising at first. I wasn't "classy" enough. Fortunately they had a grill with burgers and steak for dinner. Definately subjective for sure!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:06 AM
Banned

That reminds me of my 10 year high school reunion; we were in a poorly lit venue, I went to the food table, thought I scooping a pile of some kind of exotic chocolate thing on my plate, and not long after, realized it was caviar. Carlg: my sentiments exactly. Add caviar to my short list of foods I don't plan on eating. Tried it; did'nt like it.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Banned

Cruisin, you must have gone to one of them fancy schools.....even at a 10 year reunion, I think my class would have started a riot if they served caviar. And I agree, anything that can be found at a place that sells bait and tackle, shouldn't show up next to crackers. I swear the wait staff must get a hoot watching people walk up and eat that stuff!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:41 AM
what about escargot

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Banned

No, it was a public school; it was just in an area where many of the students were born with silver spoons in the mouths.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Banned

What a shame all them rich folks had to acquire a taste for bait....could be their money was tied up in homes and cars though.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Banned

Also tied up in horses, therapy, recreational surgery, and recreational dope. Have not been to a reunion since the 10th.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Banned

I missed my 10th, went to the 20th. It was ok, but nothing that would upset me if I missed future ones.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, gain, gained, royal, ship, water, weight