Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned

We all know that RCCL food is so good so I waas wondering... Is it true that you truely normally gain weight on a cruise or is it water weight?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:08 PM

Last week I gained 8 pounds. I'm walking 3 miles a day to loose it.

Sonny
Old 03-14-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CRUISELOVER94:
We all know that RCCL food is so good so I waas wondering... Is it true that you truely normally gain weight on a cruise or is it water weight?
...unless you eat that way normally, you will gain. Food available nearly all the time, 5 or 7 course meals in the dining room. Sail away buffets, midnight buffets and regular windjammer buffets! Don't forget the calories in alcohol and big-time calories in soda/soft-drinks/pop

If I ate like that all the time I would be on with Dr. Phil denying that I have a problem!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Banned

Lest we not forget the multiple entrees that at least a few of us enjoy each evening! Roll me off the ship.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Banned

Typically, there is usually a list to the ship by the end of the cruise (either port or starboard) depending on what side of the ship my stateroom is on. Yes you do gain weight on the ship. I prefer to think of it as muscle mass from all the chewing and indulging.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:08 PM

The National Institute of Nutrition has just released their report that states you can eat just about as much as you want of "green" foods and not gain any appreciable weight.

So on the ship I concentrate on leafy vegetables,Granny Smith apples,chile rellenos, spumoni ice cream,anything made with pistacios (pistachio pudding,ummm), and margaritas.

I especially like to cruise over St. Patrick's day where I can basically drink all the beer I want....without worrying about gaining weight.

Furthermore, it is well known that things like broken cookies "leak" most of their calories and that food consumed on Saturday and Sunday are metabolized so fast that it is almost like not eating them.

Also, published reports have demonstrated that when you eat very chewy foods, eg. taffy, you actually burn more calories in the chewing process than you consume.

Add to that the new Coke drink that reportedly actually burns calories and you now actually lose weight by eating.

As with anything else, proper meal planning on board can put a kibosh on the urban legend that you gain weight on a cruise.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Banned

Dab gum, Sailor Jack, that was a riot. And I will continue to advise cruisers to mix in a diet soda or light beer once in a while.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:19 PM

Now I'm greatly encouraged. Of course, there's always the "see food diet".

Sonny
Old 03-14-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
Lest we not forget the multiple entrees that at least a few of us enjoy each evening! Roll me off the ship.
My friend here makes a good point (oink) don't feel torn if you can't decide on which entree or appetizer or dessert you want, have both. reeee, reee reeeh.

Sailor Jack, and who is the NIN? Okay, we just don't want to know what FDA or JAMA has to say about it. It's my cruise and I can do what I want to! (That was pretty good SJ.)
Old 03-15-2007, 08:26 AM

I just came back about a week ago and i gained 4 pounds. But contradictory to everyone else's opinion on the quality of the food, i would have to say it was good, but not excellent. Quantity there was tons, but quality, i think it got much better in the last 4 days of the cruise. We loved the pizza in the cafe promenade and loved their desserts. There fruits were not sweet at all. Their steak was not cooked properly except for the last evening. Overall, i still loved it and would do the cruise again.

Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, gain, gained, royal, ship, water, weight