Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2006, 10:21 AM

Dave56 has informed us that he is cruising the Freedom. This is the ship with the Wave aboard the ship. He has committed to writing a review of the ship for our information.

I feel he should also utilize all the facilities aboard the ship so we may have his perspective as to the quality of entertainment we can expect onboard the Freedom.

Sooooo.... I urge all Cruise Chat readers to encourage Dave56 to ride a boogie board on the wave and include pictures in his review.

Let's hear it... Anyone else desire to see this feat of bravery and get his perspective on the newest RCCL Ship?

Or is this a sight you can't bear to witness.

Ride-on Dave56!!!

Explorer 02-06
Mariner of the Seas
with the boys
Old 01-11-2006, 10:21 AM

Dave56 has informed us that he is cruising the Freedom. This is the ship with the Wave aboard the ship. He has committed to writing a review of the ship for our information.

I feel he should also utilize all the facilities aboard the ship so we may have his perspective as to the quality of entertainment we can expect onboard the Freedom.

Sooooo.... I urge all Cruise Chat readers to encourage Dave56 to ride a boogie board on the wave and include pictures in his review.

Let's hear it... Anyone else desire to see this feat of bravery and get his perspective on the newest RCCL Ship?

Or is this a sight you can't bear to witness.

Ride-on Dave56!!!

Explorer 02-06
Mariner of the Seas
with the boys
Old 01-11-2006, 01:20 PM

Yeah, Dave, let me know if it works for you. My son is going on FOS this summer with his grandparents, and he has already announced "I'm not touching that thing"- and he's 22!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:44 PM

Yeah Dave. Let us know how it works.

Explorer 02-06
Mariner of the Seas
with the boys
Old 01-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Administrator

I don't know about that! I'll have to observe several people first. We'll see. <g>
Old 01-12-2006, 09:25 AM

Dave56, just trying to get some excitement started on this chat group. I really don't expect you to boogie board. I lived in Hawaii for several years. Probably the most hair raising thing I did was to boogie board at Sandy Beach. The waves were pretty tame...all of a sudden I heard all the other surfers whooping and hollering, I turned around and there was a wave heading toward us about 15 to 20 feet high (I may be blowing it up a little). For someone who was used to small waves this was quite hairy.

I used to repel, ride dirt bikes, surf (small waves) etc., etc., No more. too old and to many kids to support.

You ride that wave if it feels right, not because we are prompting you to do so.

we still are looking forward to your article.

thx

Explorer 02-06
Mariner of the Seas
with the boys
Old 01-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Mercedesno,

I am glad you no longer repel! I rappelled in the Marines. Ever done that? <g>

I know - I am a wise guy. <s>

Done the dirt bikes too. Had a Suzuki RM125 in the 70's.

My joints won't take too much anymore, so I doubt I have the reflexes needed to do the surf thing. I may get my son to do it. He is 12 and quite willing to try new water sports.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:57 PM

Dave, I can see to it that a surfboard is available for you to use on the Freedom. What dates are you going?

Tom
Old 01-12-2006, 07:46 PM

Tom, I have secretly suspected that you have major juice with the cruise lines for a long time. I will give some thought to items that you can see to it that I get on my next cruise...

BTW, do you think I am insane for cruising on the same ship twice in a year? Not surfboard-level insane, but in need of some kind of counseling?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Dave, how about attaching a video camera to your hat while you ride the waves? That way, I can see what it's like to experience this surf pool without having to face my fears of heights, falling, drowning, etc.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, boarding, boogie, buffalo, cruise, cruises, hook, line, locations, ny, rccl, ship, wave, waves