Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2006, 05:20 PM

HI, We are looking at both of these ships! We are taking our sons (age 12)! What would you say is the main difference between the two? My Husband wants to get and inside cabin for the boys and a baloncy/oceanview for us?? What do you think?? Thanks so much! Nat
DCL Wonder 2007
RCL Enchantment of the Seas 2008
Princess Diamond 2009
RCL Oasis of the Seas 2010
Old 02-15-2006, 05:42 PM

Hello. Well, they are both Voyager class ships, with the same tonnage. They are most likely almost, if not, identical. They are only 1 year apart in age. Check them our on RCI website, under the tab "Before you board", click on ships. I would choose based on ports and prices for each. I have only been on Explorer, which is also in the Voyager class. I think a balcony for you two, and a inside for the kids is a fine idea. Your boys will definately be well entertained, no matter what age they are. Our son sure was, we never saw him. He was busy with all the new kids he meet. We saw him often, hanging out with other kids. He was 15 at the time. Enjoy your cruise. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-15-2006, 08:30 PM

That is a good thought. But according to RCI one son will be with Mom and the other with Dad. They officially will not allow kids to be alone in one cabin. But hey as long as you can find one right across the hall what is the problem.

I have been on Navigator but not Mariner. But they are virtually identical.

They will love the teen areas and a good chance will be that you wont see them until curfew.

And like it was said before it really depends on where you want to sail from and which destinations.
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/
Old 02-16-2006, 01:57 AM

Nat,

these two ships are the final two "Voyager"-class vessels, and while the decor is somewhat different, there are no significant differences at all. Hence I would make a decision based on which ship's itinerary sounds better in your opinion.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-16-2006, 04:40 AM

If RCI won't let you put your kids in a different cabin, then try Princess. My friend has done it twice, and her kids are about the same age as yours. Good luck. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-16-2006, 05:55 AM

Most cruise lines rules are if anyone in the cabin is under the age of 21 than you must have someone 25 or older in the cabin. However, that is for booking paperwork purposes. Once you are on the ship and want to switch they don't care. Some cruise lines will go ahead and make the booking with the children in a separate room as long as the adults are traveling. Either way you should be able to book the Mariner or Navigator and have a great time.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:57 AM

Hi, Thanks everyone! My thought was to put them right across the hall from us. They are mature enough and can handle it so thats not and issue and it sounds like others do it too. We would just like a little privacy I am going to check Princess too! Thanks so much!
DCL Wonder 2007
RCL Enchantment of the Seas 2008
Princess Diamond 2009
RCL Oasis of the Seas 2010
Old 02-16-2006, 06:09 AM

Nat,
My husband and I have just booked a sovereign of the seas cruise for our family. My children are 11 and 7. We were able to book adjoining cabins. My name was on one room and my husbands name was on the other. We had no problem and being that we are repeat customers we recieved double the incentives(discounts and coupon books). I do not think you will regret either ship you choose. We were on the Mariner last Sept and were blown away by the beauty of the ship. Enjoy your cruise
Old 02-16-2006, 08:18 AM

We are booked on the Mariner 2/19 and we have the kids in an interior cabin right accross the hall from us. Our TA called RCCL while I was conferenced in to help set up our cruise and they recommended putting the children in an iterior cabin. My husband is 6'7" so the four of us would be cramped in a single. I am sure that if it was a huge policy issue they would not have recommended it. We are booked on paper as child/parent in each cabin, but they told us that it was just the paperwork requirements.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:20 AM

Here is what it says on RCI's website

Cruise Documentation What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy? No guest under the age of twenty-one (21) will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult twenty-one (21) years of age, or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms or under-aged married couples (proof of marriage is required).

Based on this there should be no problem booking the seperate stateroom.

Closed Thread

Tags
carribbean, carribean, cruise, differnce, forum, mariner, marinernavigator, naviagator, navigator, rcl, reviews, royal, ship, versus, voyager