Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Demographics is your culprit.
Laurie,

Thanks for asking your parents.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:14 PM

Sonny,
You sound like the friends I'll like to travel with. As soon as I get Diamond member, we'll have to get a little cruise chat cruise on RCI. I think it will be great to meet all the people who chat here.

Yeah, How do you manage those tips?
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-28-2008, 02:05 PM

Actually, we usually serve ourselfs. Sometimes it gets a bit crowded and they open up another lounge. I usually tip the concierge at the end of the cruise, if there are more people serving drinks like on a memberships cruise, we tip them at the end of the cruise also. There are a lot more diamond members now than when I became a diamond member. On the Freedom class ships the concierge lounge is only for people in grand suite and above. The diamond members go to the diamond club, which is much better than the concierge lounge. It even has an outside area with tables.

These two pictures are the diamond club on the Liberty

Sonny
Old 03-28-2008, 07:51 PM

Sonny,
Those are some great pictures. During our cruise on Freedom, we met a couple who took us inside late one night and seemed like a very nice place but it was empty. We sat and talked for a little while. It was a very quite area at the time. I just did not imagined it with so many people inside. I guess it's the place to be.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-28-2008, 09:17 PM

We were on two cruises that had the same Concierge in the Concierge Lounge, and he insisted on getting on the microphone in the packed lounge, and singing while we were having wine and hors d'oevres. It was a little over the top.

Sandy
Old 03-28-2008, 09:51 PM

Nica, the concierge lounge is open from 5pm to 8:30pm for drinks—It's always empty late a night.

Sandy, is this the same concierge that you were refering to?

Old 03-29-2008, 06:05 AM

Sonny, yes, that's him. Can't remember his name. We encountered him twice on Enchantment of the Seas.

Sandy
Old 03-29-2008, 08:00 AM

Just to add my 2 cents we also love the concierge lounge. We tip them at the end of the cruise, but what always amazes me and DH is that as soon as we walk in the door from the second night on, they remember us and usually have ready our beverages of choice! Talk about feeling special. And the OrD'erves are a nice touch. I especially love the chocolate covered strawberries.

OOPS! sorry DAve to answer your question,early seating is most popular on the Alaska cruises. As I see your countdown clock says 2 months, so that is in May, our favorite time to do Alaska. Not as many children and yes, mostly us white heads

Emerald Princess-11/30/08
Celebrity Century-1/8/09
Old 03-29-2008, 08:43 AM

Sandy, his name is Jullian. We called him Denzel.

Sonny
Old 03-30-2008, 05:23 PM

Dave, I didn't realize you were going to Alaska. Our Alaska cruise/land tour begins 5/14 and we are getting so excited.

You are right--they are pricey! But I think it will be worth it to enjoy the Alaska experience. Since we live in Illinois, I don't have to put away our winter clothes. I'll just pack them!

When we were on the Radiance a year ago, there was a group of 1,200 that took up the whole late dining. Luckily, we prefer early dining and it didn't affect us but some passengers were upset about it.

Have fun planning your trip and your excursions. We have already booked two excursions. That is always a major decision for us!

Nadine

Closed Thread

Tags
bookings, caribbean, carribean, change, club, cruise, diamond, early, freedom, fromlate, rcc, rccl, royal, royalcaribbeancruiselinesdiamondclubcom, seas, seating, time