Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2007, 10:09 AM

Hmmm Sonny.. you have seemed to have pushed the correct button on Mr. Beers there... Not that I don't 100% agree with what he says.

I thought that to be stupid too.. A child's passport should be half the cost of an adults and/or prorated based on how close to 16 years old they are. With the new "mandatory" passports, there are going to be a lot of kids that are 14 or 15 and need a passport.. then turn around and have to ante up another $80 next time they need to go out of the country.

Thanks Bin Laden!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-26-2007, 06:21 PM

Yes, I agree that the cost of passports are totally outrageous. Like mentioned above, you would think that with them making it mandatory and the supply and demand right now they would be at least 1/2 of what they are.

97.00 = 67.00 to the department of state + 30.00 to the postmaster. This is the breakdown of the fees I was told by the postal service just today. Oh, and for just a small fee of 60.00 each if I would like to have them expedited. Yeah, right!!!

Tracy
Old 03-27-2007, 07:03 AM
The most upsetting part about all this passport stuff is you can't get in touch with no one right now regarding passports.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-28-2007, 12:12 PM
WOW guess what I finally got through to someone LIVE at the passport facility just this morning I was so surprised I almost forgot what I was calling for after weeks of listening to a recording. So just FYI maybe anyone wanting to ask questions may be able to speak to someone with just a little wait.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spritfilled:
WOW guess what I finally got through to someone LIVE at the passport facility just this morning I was so surprised I almost forgot what I was calling for after weeks of listening to a recording. So just FYI maybe anyone wanting to ask questions may be able to speak to someone with just a little wait.

I was surprised when I spoke to a live cs rep also... guess what I still don't have that passport, she told me to call back on april 3rd 10 days before my trip to expidate my passport still no guarantee that I will receive it.... I am so ****ed
Old 03-29-2007, 04:58 AM
My thing is they had to know this was coming one would think they would have had staff ready and hired in advance it is called being pro active.

Old 03-31-2007, 06:42 PM

I just copied this from the RCI website:

To the poster who saw someone denied boarding, were they traveling to Europe? That would make a difference.

"Domestic Travel For domestic travel which includes: the Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico, a passport (valid or expired) is highly recommended.
In the absence of a passport, a birth certificate (original or certified copy), plus a laminated picture ID card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency is required. Note: Baptismal papers and hospital certificates of birth (except for new borns) are not acceptable.
For U.S. Naturalized citizens, in the absence of a passport, Naturalization papers (either original or notarized copy) plus a picture ID card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency is required.
A voter registration card or Social Security Card are not considered to be proof of citizenship.
Children under 16 years of age do not require a picture ID."

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed ** the things that you didn't do than ** the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain

My cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old 03-31-2007, 07:40 PM
Sheffie, I'm the one that posted about a denied boarding.
It was a Sapphire Princess Mexican Riviera cruise out of San Pedro. The problem was he had always used his passport as identification and did not have a birth certificate with him. And he did not realize his passport was expired. If he had the birth certificate he would have been good; but with no birth certificate and an expired passport it was a no-go. What was really sad was he had flown from the East Coast for the cruise.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:22 AM

Wow. That sure isn't what their website says. I cannot imagine how upset that man must have been. As stated by others, better to be safe than sorry.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed ** the things that you didn't do than ** the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain

My cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100

Closed Thread

Tags
anymore, bears, birth, carribbean, certificate, cruise, expired, good, kids, passport, passports, printable, questions, royal, year