Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2006, 09:19 AM

I was checking in online and it asked for my credit card and who I wanted to use it for, it also said that those people would be able to sign for whatever they wanted. Is there a way to limit what the kids spend while including them under my card. My son is only 7 so I don't know if he even needs a charge card, but he will spend some time at the kids club and I would like him to have things like juice if offered. My daughter is 17 and trust worthy, I would like to give her some spending money on the cruise, but not unlimited resources. There is no option to give them a limited about of charge on the card. Any suggestions?
Old 12-23-2006, 10:04 AM
My son went into the kids club on the Mariner and He got free soda and juice, so I'm pretty sure your son will be fine with that. My daughters are 18 and 17. They opened a cash account together, and put in like $40,they even took my son and my youngest daughter to Johnny Rockets sometime, and still have a little bit left on the last day.With free food and drink on the ship, I did not give my son and my youngest daughter a charge account,or a soda package either and they were ok with that.We just bought some soda before we boarded onto the ship and put them in the mini-fridge. With your daughter i would just open a cash account. I know that on the last day you have to clear the account and some people say it's a hassle because of the long line but my daughters didn't have any problems with it. This is just my opinion i'm sure that the people on this forum will give you better advice besides i have only been on one cruise so far.
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 12-23-2006, 07:54 PM
If it were me, I would just keep it simple--everybody on one account; but ask the kids to save the receipts for you so there are no surprises. Check the receipts daily and if they start to go overboard (ouch! bad choice of words) just rein them in. This could be a great opportunity to teach a little fiscal responsibility.

Closed Thread