Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 05:40 AM

Hi there
Well what can I say it was GREEEAAATTT my first cruise,even better then I could of imagined.Already I think I am addicted.I am so wanting to do the Alaska one now.Has anyone been on one with RC if so I would love so feedback like what time is best to book,is it warm at all in the summer,what ship,good for kids ect......Thanks to anyone with info
Old 03-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Banned

We went to Alaska in 7/2005 on Radiance of the Seas; great ship for all involved (we had a 10 year old and 14 year old with us). We were fortunate to have pretty good weather, although it can be miserable at times. When we went, the weather was relatively warm-- in the 60s. If I recall correctly, either right before us or right after, the weather was downright hot, in the 80s. We had sprinkles and sun in Juneau, sunny and nice in Skagway, and a little bit of rain in Ketchikan (it rains there 300 days a year). But, that is Alaska. The little bit of mist/sprinkles didn't bother us at all. It's a fantastic trip, and from my perspective, a cabin with a balcony is a must!
Old 03-16-2007, 06:16 PM

No matter which ship or cruise line you choose book early. Alaska is a short season and booking a year in advance is not to soon. Balcony cabin go fast.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:10 PM

We were also on the Radiance, but May of 2005, and it was an amazing experience. Radiance has self balancing pool tables, and our boys loved it. We live in Tampa, and the airfare to Vancouver was double compared to flying into Seattle, so we decided to leave a day early, rent a car in Seattle, and drive to Vancouver. We spent the night in Vancouver, and so we enjoyed the sights in both Seattle and Vancouver. On the return, we booked a shuttle to drive us back to Seattle. I had to convince my husband to go because he doesn't like cold weather, and after almost two years, he still talks about it, and we're hoping to go back. Dress in layers and it will help with the change of temperature. And if you can, try to get a balcony...while you're in the glaciers, you will have the best view. We went in May, and didn't see much of the wildlife. We did the helicopter/trekking at Mendenhall Glacier, and it was amazing. We booked a horseback ride in the Yukon Territory, and it was also a great experience. They took us along Emerald Lake, and then walk up the top of what looked to me to a small mountain where the view was just breathtaking.

Book early, and hope that others can help with the best month. You will love it.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:23 PM

Sorry I didn't address the weather. June/July/August are considered the peak time for Alaska. Weather can very well be in the 70's and sunshine, but you need to take clothes for cooler weather and rain gear also. I went in the month of September and had mid 50's most of the trip.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Banned

Check Weather Underground and look for the monthly average temperature and rainful...

Closed Thread