Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 07:47 AM

With travel advisories in effect by the US for Mexico, is there a chance that RCCL will change an itinerary if the violence escalates before our cruise date?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Administrator

The cruise lines evaluate the safety of all ports on a continual basis. Yes, if things got bad and spread to Cozumel and other Mexican ports they could be canceled. However, given the problems have to do with drug gangs I really don't see it reaching Cozumel, which is largely insulated from the rest of Mexico.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:47 AM

Dave is right... Most of the violence that has happened recently has been concentrated in U.S/ Mexican border towns like Tijuana and Ciudad Juarez. It's always best to be alert when you are in any foreign country but, I, for one, don't think that the gangs and cartels are interested in cruise ports.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:05 PM

I was in Cancun and Riviera Maya a few weeks back on a non-cruise trip. While we maintained caution when out and about, especially at night, the activity seems to be concentrated in the border areas and nearer to the capital. I can't foresee the situation escalating to the point of them changing your itinerary.

Booked on:
Adventure OTS, 4/09

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, mexico, review, travel