Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 10:10 AM

Thanks so much Zane43 for telling me about your good time on the Freedom. I would love to see any pics that you would have if you don't mind.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:17 PM

My favorite place was Labadee. I'm guessing you will probably go there. We learned the hard way on which beach to avoid. You will be given a map. On the side where the "zip line" is the rough beach. It has so many sharp rocks, I cut my toe on one and the waves are so strong my son and I couldn't stand it. The beaches facing the ship will be the nice calm side to stay on. The water was absoutely perfect in October. Plus you get a free BBQ buffet lunch on Labadee.

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 01-08-2008, 04:53 AM

Thanks so much for sharing that with me. Do you have any pictures of your trip? I would love to see them if you do.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:43 PM

Be sure to do the Wave Runner in Labadee, quite exillerating. It only takes about an hour so you'll have plenty of time for the beach. We liked the beach on the far end to the left, gives you a nice view of the ship.

Suggest Rum Point Beach on Grand Cayman, a dreamy caribbean beach and restaurant bar that 's not too crowded. Here's a LINK to thier site. It takes about 50 min.s to get there by car/cab.. I heard the ferry, which was much quicker, is not running anymore but it makes the beach even less crowded. Also heard the Stingray thing was excellent.

RC has a Tulum Ruins/ Xel Ha tour on Cozumel that is excellent. Chakanab Marine Park is also supposed to be great if you like snorkeling. Xel Ha had some of the best snorkeling I've seen, tons of colorful fish everywhere! Only problem with that tour is that you'll wish you had more time at the Xel Ha place. Tulum was beautiful and educational.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:54 AM

Thanks so much for the information.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:43 PM

Definatley go to stingray city and when you get to Labadee go to the beach closest to the ship. The other beach is rocky and windy.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:28 AM

Hi

We sailed on Freedom in November and it is a truly awesome ship, we did not book excursions before we travelled because we were not sure what we wanted to do, we ended up booking each one the day before which you can do at the excursion desk on online in your cabin. We did the western route. Labadee is nice, if you want to sunbathe get off the ship early and head to the side of the island you can see the ship from, the sand and water is lovely and not rough at all, lunch is a bbq style which was not that nice but we had a good breakfast so waited until we go back on board, we did not do any activities but tried to look around the fleamarket but got about 5 ft in before leaving because of the pressure from the vendors, Ocho Rios, we did the highlights tour and the falls, tour was not much to write home about as jamaica is so poor but the falls were excellent although a but strenuous in parts - it was nice to get back to the ship, Grand Cayman was beautiful, we went to stingray city and I'd really recommend this, in Cozumel we walked into the shopping zone as we'd been here before, a good tip is to take a taxi as the pier is about 3 miles from the zone (there is a pier right ion the zone but we did not berth there), it was ok walking in but was very hot walking back to the ship and uncomfortable, cozumel town is great for gifts although the prices were about the same as the shops at the ships pier. also, just as a tip, we found the cheapest duty free in grand cayman at the dock but you need to buy this early as they send it straight to the ship and then at miami airport which was really cheap. hope this helps.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:26 AM

Thanks so much for the review of your trip. I can't wait to go I only have 88 more days to go.

Closed Thread

Tags
freedom, sea