Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cotefamily:
If I don't have to cook it or clean it up, it taste DELICIOUS!!!! There will always be people that can't be pleased. I also think some people are just plain 'snooty' and like to say the food isn't good just to make them feel like they are food experts. But then again, I also always liked the airplane food too!
Instead of thinking about all the possible negatives, just go into it with a open mind and a happy heart. If you are dissappointed, it will probably be due to your attitude, not RC.
Oh I plan on going into this cruise with an open mind and an open attitude I plan on being completely positive I intend to have a ball.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-14-2006, 04:19 AM

Spritfilled,

I wouldn't call RCI's food "bad". Actually one of the very best meals I've ever had was on Royal Caribbean - at the Steak House onboard "Jewel of the Seas". However, on the other hand I must also admit being one of those who have made some critical remarks about Royal Caribbean's food, as well.

The food in the alternative restaurants is simply superb, and breakfasts have also been great on the RCI ships I've been on. Lunch - well - I considered the weakest point. Buffets are okay, but I don't like the "black food container" presentation, and lunch in the dining room was often particularly disappointing with lukewarm to cold entrees and very rushed service. Dinner was better, though - but nothing special IMHO.

I'm not a gourmet (and not a gourmand either ), and the above has simply been my personal experience with Royal Caribbean, in comparison to approx. 60+ other ships I have been on.

But please don't allow my or others' negative comments to affect your open attitude. What I consider disappointing might very well be what you consider particularly great. Food is such a subjective matter!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-15-2006, 04:56 AM

SONNYV - I don't hate you, but I sure am jealous! But does it take some of the excitement out of cruising when you do so many each year? We only go about once every other year, and as much as I love it, I can't imagine going that often. (but I'd LOVE to try it!) You'll be leaving the day after we return. Have a wonderful time.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:43 PM

Hi LanieB,
If I had it my way I'd cruise every two months. It's our way of getting away from it all. We enjoy meeting new people, the food, entertainment, and the weather. We don't cruise during the summer months. Each cruise is exciting for us. Next year we're going to watch for more great deals so we can get a couple extra cruises in. All but two of our cruise have been for 7 or 10 nights. Next week will be a 4 night cruise. The price was right. Only $449 for the two of us. You can hardly get a good hotel for $100 a night. If I lived in Florida I'd be cruising a lot more.

Sonny
Old 09-20-2006, 12:06 PM

Food is DEFINITELY a subjective topic. If you get on the cruise expecting the best food of your life.. well... you'll probably be disappointed. If you think about it... in order to get a $50+ dinner each night, you'd pay a whole lot more than $220 person for an entire weekend(which is an amount you can pay for a 3-nighter on the smaller ships, interior stateroom- nothing fancy). I know people pay a whole lot more than that on the same ship.. but honestly, you're paying for a better room, not better food... you're getting the same food as the guy who paid a lot less than you. The way I look at it is... you get to eat as much as you want, you can sample anything and not pay extra to try more than one thing in an evening, and it beats cooking it yourself. The food is just a bonus feature of a fabulous vacation- you can go out and buy an incredible meal any day of the week, but can you do it while sailing to the Bahamas?

Have an awesome time! Happy Sailings

Caribbean Hotels & Resorts
Old 09-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Banned

when it comes to ship food if it looks like a menu item might be questionable to my taste i order double entrees, if one's not good, i have a backup and sometimes they are both good, then i just don't finish them both...gotta save room for the 3 dessert sampler platter i order...heh heh. it would probably **** the chef off but if i don't like it, i don't eat it, i just order something else. In my opinion nobody has the right to complain about pizza quality, its junk food for goodness sakes and its free, nobody twists your arm to order free pizza at midnight when you had access to real food all day.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:48 PM

my 2 cents: i went on a carnival ship december of 05, pizza was horrible. i went on a carnival ship december of 04, pizza was great. I went on a rc ship summer of 04, 03, 02,01, and 00, pizza was great.they all had good other food too.
point: no 1 can judge the food that u eat but u
Old 09-22-2006, 09:59 AM

We just returned from Majesty of the Seas on Royal Caribbean. The food was great in the dining room and Windjammer. Pizza was good as well. We didn't care for the tea so we purchased unlimited soda cards. We didn't care for the cornbread so we asked for rolls. You have options available and if you don't like one selection, try another. Have fun! After all, you are on vacation.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:36 PM

Just curious, what was the tea like? Here in the south, North Carolina, they all have "sweet tea" and it is just like it sounds. But where I come from in Missouri, all you could get was unsweetened ice tea and you add your own sugar. I've really gotten to like the sweet tea and I was just wondering what it is like on the ships?

Thanks,
Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 09-23-2006, 08:15 AM

Sorry, the tea is unsweetened.

Closed Thread

Tags
4what, alternative, cruise, dining, food, gourmet, options, rccl, rcclss, reviews