Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2006, 05:21 AM
I have noticed that many people say the food on the RCCL'S are of poor taste, I have also notice that people seem to think the food on the Carnival lines are very good. Why is it people know this but RCCL'S haven't caught on to this yet and try to better the food quality. I guess in comparison the food is much better on Carnival so if you are looking for good food you would chose Carnival over RCCL. My sister has only done RCCL and my niece has only done Carnival and my niece says the food is very good as well. Now I have seen the complaints about the pizza on the RCCL'S I see folks say it is BAD so if RCCL's can innovate so well why can't they get better food so as to compete with Carnival. I guess I am only questioning this because when I go on my cruise it will be my first and I don't want to be to disappointed in the taste of the food, yes I like to eat.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-13-2006, 10:16 AM
No comment from anyone????????????

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-13-2006, 10:16 AM

Sprit, it's so hard to read reviews of food on cruise ships, because everyone feels differently about it. You could have the same meal as someone else, and think it was fantastic, and the other person would think it was terrible.

I've had clients who both love and hate Carnival's food and Royal Caribbean's food. In general, Royal Caribbean's food has a better reputation than Carnival, but Carnival has been improving the quality and preparation of its food over the last few years. But when you're talking about mass market cruise lines, like Carnival and Royal Caribbean, each person has to judge for him/herself which s/he likes better.

Sandy
Old 09-13-2006, 10:43 AM

People who complain shouldn't be wasting their money on cruises. I find the food on cruise ships vary from ship to ship somewhat, but, the food in my opinion is better than any restaurant around home. If you don't like what's served, you can just ask for something else. Try that in a restaurant. Believe me, if this is your first cruise you're going to be impressed!

Old 09-13-2006, 11:59 AM

If I don't have to cook it or clean it up, it taste DELICIOUS!!!! There will always be people that can't be pleased. I also think some people are just plain 'snooty' and like to say the food isn't good just to make them feel like they are food experts. But then again, I also always liked the airplane food too!
Instead of thinking about all the possible negatives, just go into it with a open mind and a happy heart. If you are dissappointed, it will probably be due to your attitude, not RC.

Palladium Resorts
Old 09-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Banned

I will have to say that the quality of food has been better on Carnival lines the last few years than RCCL. or Celebrity it's sister line. But that is not to say that thier's is all that bad.Carival has really worked on improving thier image, and food quality was one of thier big complaint's a few years ago. Tom
Old 09-13-2006, 02:07 PM

I am always shocked to read bad reviews about Royal Caribbeans food. I think there food is awesome and definately rate it above any other cruise line I have been on. I guess it's a matter of personal opinion. I do agree that the pizza was a little weak but the dining room food was top notch.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:33 PM

Reading about this subject made me so hungry for Royal Caribbean food that I just booked another cruise before my Oct. 15th cruise. Action speaks louder than words...

Old 09-13-2006, 03:40 PM

I wasn't going to add anything too this since everyone had pretty much covered it. But then I read SonnyV's last post and just wanted to say... I hate you.. Must be nice to have the free time to just book a cruise because you have a hankering for the food! I have to plan around my job and worse, my wife's teacher job (which means I am at the mearcy of the school calendar)

Oh well.. the world needs ditch diggers too I guess.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-13-2006, 05:43 PM

We've never had a problem with RCCLs food.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011

Closed Thread

Tags
4what, alternative, cruise, dining, food, gourmet, options, rccl, rcclss, reviews