Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 08:16 AM

I am booking an excursion on my own, I have read that they let off the people that have booked excursions first. Is that just for the people that have booked them through the ship or do I have to tell them I have an excursion and I will get off the same time as the others?

Old 10-30-2007, 08:16 AM

I am booking an excursion on my own, I have read that they let off the people that have booked excursions first. Is that just for the people that have booked them through the ship or do I have to tell them I have an excursion and I will get off the same time as the others?

Old 10-30-2007, 09:04 AM
First ones off are people who booked thru the ship.....but we've done both and really never had much of a problem...the only time it didn't work out was when we had to tender into the port. Remember to get back to the ship on time...they don't wait for people who book their own excursions....Have a Happy Cruise...

Bob E
Old 11-01-2007, 07:44 PM

If you are not tendering, you can just get in line with the people on the ships excursions, no big deal. Since you have to scan your sea pass card to get off, it takes a second or two for the scanners to read your card, then off you go.

Fantasy - Bahamas 4/96
Rhaposdy OTS - S Caribbean 11/97
Jewel OTS - Europe 9/07
Mariner OTS - Caribbean 10/08
Old 11-07-2007, 08:43 PM

On Mariner, they had people with excursions booked meet in the Savoy Theatre and then they let us tender first before anyone else- we got lucky though because where are room was located was right next to the Gangway so we never had a long walk!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-07-2007, 09:28 PM

In Cozumel, we usually just get off any time we want. We've never had to wait for ship booked excursions to leave before us. We always plan to be back at the ship at least 1 1/2 hours before the ship is to leave. That way you'll have a little cushion if you have a problem getting back to the ship. Enjoy!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 11-08-2007, 09:31 AM

I noticed a lot of people are concerned about making it back to the ship in time while on an excursion. The truth of the matter is, you would have to try not to get back in time. Imagine what it would do to a tour company's business if they didn't get customers back in time. Of course, the ship want's people to think there is a risk in booking excursions on line.

Sonny
Old 11-08-2007, 09:37 AM

On my past cruise in June there was a group that came back to the ship late and this was booked through the cruise line. The people were upset that something like this would happen especially because they thought if they booked it through the cruise this would avoid things like this. Obviously the ship waited for the group to come back.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-08-2007, 10:24 AM

There are always going to be exceptions. The biggest benefit of booking through the cruise line is they know how many people they have on what excursions. If you book through an independent the cruise line has no idea where you are. There is always the possiblity of a tour vehicle getting a flat tire or in an accident. Once on the island of Grenada the local water company decided to hold a strike and blocked the roads. No one can predict these things.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 PM

Exceptions are few and far between. If I was a worry wort, I'd book excursions through the cruise line. I really can't remember if anyone has missed getting back in time through fault of an excursion company since I've been cruising. I'm sure it's happened though. Hovever, if it were an all day excursion, or a site seeing excursion, I would do it through the cruise line.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, excursions, long, people, ship