Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Hi everyone, we'll be going on our cruise soon and I need help! My husband and I, we're not drinkers, but we would like to bring back some "Booze" for our boss and my brother, but we have no idea which one and where to buy. Please help! Thank you.

Tanya
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 02-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi Tanya,

What ports are you stopping at?

We always enjoy the Puerto Rican Cruzan flavored rum. There are so many flavors - vanilla, citrus, banana, black cherry, coconut, etc. - you can find something for anyone. I even found a multi-pack of smaller bottles last time, all different flavors. They were probably about 1/3 or 1/2 the size of regular bottles.

We stock up on all the basics, too, for parties at our house throughout the year.

We buy our stuff at A.H. Riise in St. Thomas, but other than that, can't remember exactly where we got stuff. It's usually pretty easy to find, it seems.

Make sure you go to a place that packs everything well in sturdy cardboard carriers. It seems like most good places will deliver to the ship for you. Also, most cruise lines note the best places to buy alcohol in their shopping flyers with maps of the islands.

Good luck!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 02-23-2009, 07:13 PM

While in Cozumel, I bought a bottle of honey flavored tequila that was really smooth and left an after taste of honey that lingered just long enough to take another sip. I don't know the name of it, but they were giving samples at one of the shops at the dock. The price was only $10, but the look on peoples faces after tasting it was priceless. When I put the bag with the tequila I bought through the conveyor when getting back on the ship; nothing was said, so I took it back to my cabin. I had several people gladly help me drink it during the cruise. I should have written down the name of it. Anyhow, if you ask around you may be able to find a place that is giving samples. By the way, this was for sipping, not for mixing. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it was 60 poof.

Sonny
Old 02-23-2009, 08:38 PM

First wouldn't it make sense to ask your boss and brother what they like to drink? Second, are you driving or flying? If flying keep in my you will have to put the liquor in your checked luggage.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi, Cortney. We're going on a 8 night eastern cruise, we'll stop at Puerto Rico, St.Thomas, St.Martin and Labadee. Thank you for your great advice. Hopefully we'll bring back something good!

Cruise Fanatic, we're going to fly to Fll. Have you ever packed your liquor in your checked luggage? Could you tell me how to do it without it getting broken? You're so right, I should ask my boss and brother what they like!

Hi SONNY, I'll be sure to ask around like you told me to. When it come to alcohol,I know nothing! On occasions, I would have some champagne at the wedding and that's it. Last Christmas, the company where I worked at, was having a party at a very nice golf club and the employees were allowed to have all you can drink. I saw my co-workers have all kinds of mixed drinks,with different colors all night. They told me that "you don't know what you're missing!" Oh,well
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 02-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Tanya
I remember that St. Maarten had a guavaberry liquer that was unique to the island, if you're looking for something completely different.
I seem to remember it being like cough syrup, but it came in a neat bottle!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 02-25-2009, 04:49 AM

I think I've only brought back a bottle of Kahlua since the airlines have gotten strict on the liquid rule. I don't know how many bottles you are planning on bringing back. But keep in mind these glass bottles get heavy. Check with your airline on their baggage weight. You can use bubble wrap and then wrap some dirty clothes around that for extra cushion.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:07 AM

My husband buys a coffee liquor that comes in one bottle with 2 parts, one white and one dark brown. When you pour it you get two layers of liquid in the glass. It is wonderful, and we have always bought it on the ship, but we cannot get it in SC. I can't remember the name... Sheridans maybe.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:19 AM

Yes, It's Sheridan's.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
but we cannot get it in SC.
I haven't seen it here either. I've seen it on the ships though. I've used bubble wrap as Cruise Fanatic suggested, and a large zip lock plastic bag. My sister had an unfortunate red wine incident that resulted in ruined clothes once.

The Cruzan rums are quite tasty and cheap too!

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
appleton, aug, back, banned, bring, bringing, brown, carnival, cruise, jamaca, jamaica, liquor, ltr, puerto, rico, rum, sept, tanya