Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 09:57 PM

Hey there I am going on my first cruise Mar 04, 2006. I have a couple of questions! What hotels around the Miami port do you recommend? Is there a drink card that includes non-acoholic beverages (e.g. Virgin Pina Coladas)? When checking in online do you still receive information in the mail? Also how early can you check in on-line. We are sailing on the Navigator room 8328, has anyone stayed in this room that can tell me about the view. Thank you for your time.
Jennifer

Old 01-09-2006, 10:39 PM

Hotels in Miami: We stayed at the Miami Marriott Downtown for $46 through priceline. A nice hotel and just minutes from the port. They also have a nice dinner and breakfast menu, as well as a pool and 7 piece weight room.

The drink card is for soda and juice only.

You can check in online as soon as you have your cruise reservation #. We are booked on Explorer in Novemeber of 2006 and all ready checked in.

Yes you will still get the booklet through the mail. If you used a TA bug them for it. Normally comes 1- 2 months prior to cruise

As far as the room can't help you as the only balconies I have had are on the stern of the ship. But dont worry YOU will love it
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/
Old 01-10-2006, 05:59 AM

Hi Snorkel Mitch

By stern you means those ones right at the back? If so, I see you have sailed on Splendour. Can you tell me what deck and what category. You see I am going on LOS deck 7 next June for 14 night med cruise and have a cabin right at the back. I am getting conflicting reports about these balconies in that someone said they are the same size as those on the side and someone else said they are bigger but not as big as some of the newer ships.

I know I am on Legend of the Seas but Splendour is an exact replica of LOS so in your opinion what size do you think the balconies are?
Old 01-11-2006, 08:53 PM
One hotel around not too far away from the Port is The Hotel Sofitel. It is actually around the airport. So, it is about 8 miles from the Port of Miami. They provide free courtesy transportation to and from the airport. As for transportation to the port... you would have to call them. I used to work at Miami Intl. Airport and would always hear good things about the Hotel Sofitel.

If this is your first cruise, make sure to visit this website often and read up on all the advice. Here is some links to articles on this website for 1st time cruisers (click on the word) :
Booking Your 1st Cruise
Cruise Packing List

And speaking of what to bring on your cruise, make sure to bring a positive attitude. Then you will almost be certain to have a good time.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Regarding the drink card. If the Navigator is anything like the Sovereign (which I sailed on in Nov. 2004), they have a soda/fountain card. Actually it was a Coca-Cola sticker they would place on your Sea Pass Card. It covered sodas, but I don't think it covered bar drinks, even if they were virgin (non-alcoholic). But it's worth it to contact Royal Caribbean to see if things have changed since 2004.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:34 PM

Thanks for all the help I am open to any other suggestions too. This is all new to me so someone who has only been on one cruise knows more than me right now! This is a great chat site with great members. Thanks again guys!

Old 01-13-2006, 05:22 PM

I always stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami (formerly BW Marina). They don't have shuttles but it is very close to the bier. If you get the right room you can see the ships from your window. What I like about the Holiday Inn is it's right across the street from Bay Side Market. Bay Side has lots of shopping and restaurants. Bubba Gumps, Hard Rock, and Hooters to name a few. No need to take taxis to go out to dinner or evening entertainment.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Cruise Fanatic,

How hard is it to get a cab from the Holiday Inn Port of Miami to the ship?
Old 02-05-2006, 08:07 PM

[I also have a room with balcony on the stern of the ship on Carnival Victory in May, 2006. Is this good or bad?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:59 AM

We stayed at the Holiday Inn International Airport, and they will pick you up at the airport at any time of the night, and they have complimentary shuttle service to the Port of Miami. Hotel was average, but for the price,and what we needed (a place to sleep and then get to the port the next morning) It did that with out any problems.

Art

Closed Thread