Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2003, 05:01 PM

My hubby and I just got our flight info for our cruise and we are a bit scared. We are changing planes and not getting into Miami until 3:00. I've heard the port is 15 min from airport but I'm not satisfied. The boat is at sea the first day and I don't want to miss 2 cruise days. Any one have a common experience. HELP!
Old 02-26-2003, 05:01 PM

My hubby and I just got our flight info for our cruise and we are a bit scared. We are changing planes and not getting into Miami until 3:00. I've heard the port is 15 min from airport but I'm not satisfied. The boat is at sea the first day and I don't want to miss 2 cruise days. Any one have a common experience. HELP!
Old 02-27-2003, 03:39 AM

Old 02-27-2003, 03:43 AM

Old 02-27-2003, 09:26 PM

Did the cruise line book your flight or did you go through a travel agent? In either case, I would get back to them. This is why I always suggest going a day early. What time does the ship leave? If it leaves late at night, you're OK, but if you leave at 5PM you're in real trouble. Speak up now and let us know what happens.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:36 PM

The cruise line booked our flight and the boat is scheduled to leave at 5pm. We have tried and tried and there is nothing else because we are traveling durig spring break.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:52 PM

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, and that nobody else picked up on this. REST COMFORTABLY!!
As long as the cruise line booked your flight, you're probably one of several coming in on the same flight. The ship will be held for you. There is no need to worry. The same holds true with shore excursions. If you book with the cruise line and an excursion is delayed, the ship is held until you get back. We've seen the opposite happen on a few occasions, people going on their own to save money. My answer to this is you'll have a beautiful picture of the ship taking off. On a recent trip to Northern Europe, 3 young men missed the ship in Oslo. The Norwegian Coast Guard rushed them out to the ship, and the ship dropped rope ladders for them. OK if you're young, but not at 60. Have fun, and don't worry about missing the cruise.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:38 AM

thanks
Old 03-09-2003, 05:43 AM

Just returned from Brilliance cruise and when we left Miami the ship was held for more than 1/2 hour for late arriving guests. My thought was the same, that they don't hold the ship for one couple, but that since they booked the flight there was probably several people coming in on that flight. (p.s. If you take the bus shuttle transfer provided by RCCL it is more like 30 minutes from the airport to the dock, but they know you are coming so they expect the shuttle)

Closed Thread