Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 08:54 AM

We're trying to decide the same trip but we're also considering the Caribbean Princess.

I've heard some bad things about Destiny and it's quite a bit $$ less than Princess so I'm wondering why.......

Kim
Old 08-06-2007, 09:35 AM

Hey Kim,

I have traveled on Princess before with my family.

I remember the ships being very nice but not having all the fun things to do.

Princess cruise lines is a much more formal line with not as much of the "party ship" atmosphere.

I am looking for a fun and exciting Spring break trip for me and my college buddies, so Princess would not do well for us (none of us are princesses).

The difference in price might be due to Carnival being a larger cruise line or Princess may have more expensive stops (RCCL does the same cruise as Carnival but has more expensive ports so the cruise is more costly).

Hope I could be of some help.

P.S. --> Are you planning on sailing the same dates (March 16th - March 23rd, 2008)?

-Jake

Quote:
Originally posted by KAWS:
We're trying to decide the same trip but we're also considering the Caribbean Princess.

I've heard some bad things about Destiny and it's quite a bit $$ less than Princess so I'm wondering why.......

Kim
Old 08-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KAWS:

Kim

Well there are few things

First Princess is a great cruise line for what Im told but its a little expensive in comparison to Carnival and RCCL

Second I have read a lot of reviews about the different ships I travel before boarding them and in my experience dont believe all they said on the reviews, for all I know 80% of them are wrong in my experience it depends on the person.

UFFF some people are impossible to please even myself sometimes, I am a food junkie, and last time in the AOS I kept saying NO FOOD, NO BUFFET?? just because all the food you can find in carnival is way more, even that on the AOS were better food the comparison between the two was not fair.

Thanks God I never write the review I was planning on the AOS because it will no have been a good one. Now I understand they are a different kind of cruise line, is not Carnival, and in a way I like to give them a second try just to be sure I am fair to them so next year.. RCCL

SAY HELLO TO ARUBA BABY WE ARE BACK!!!! LOL

Since you like Princess a Good option is the Adventure of the seas, is a little cheaper than Princess and is not as active as carnival, or not a party animal cruise LOL, but is more like Family fun..
Old 08-06-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jme02067:

P.S. --> Are you planning on sailing the same dates (March 16th - March 23rd, 2008)?

-Jake
No, for March 2008 (March 9 sailing) we'll be on the Carnival Liberty for a 6 day western. This is for March 8, 2009. Both of those dates are our March break here in Ontario.

Kim
Old 08-06-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
This would be a cruise for 5 to six 20 year old guys on their last Spring Break of college (seniors and graduating).
-Jake
Make it four or six but not five. Rooms are double occupancy. If it is going to be five, the third person in the room pays substantially less money. You could share that savings as a group and have 2 rooms between you, one of which has a Pullman, or drop-down bed.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:07 PM

Truthfully I don't know how many it will be but that is good advice.

The savings would be passed around I'm sure.

-Jake

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
quote:
This would be a cruise for 5 to six 20 year old guys on their last Spring Break of college (seniors and graduating).
-Jake
Make it four or six but not five. Rooms are double occupancy. If it is going to be five, the third person in the room pays substantially less money. You could share that savings as a group and have 2 rooms between you, one of which has a Pullman, or drop-down bed.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:54 PM

First - Check age retrictions regarding traveling alone and visiting other countries. Regarding the cruise lines, 5 guys out to party want Carnival and nothing else. This is their niche. They cater to first time cruisers that want to party. ROYAL is more of a young family type of cruise line. Mostly people in their 30's and 40's looking for some getaway relaxation while enjoying a great cruise and quality time for the adults while the kids (if any) are well taken care of. CELEBRITY is for older people (like me- unfortunately) That want to have a great cruise in a mostly adult atmosphere. It's a little more expensive but there is more papmering and you feel like you have been cared for. FYI, Celebrity is owned by Royal and it's their "upscale" version of a cruise. I hope this helps. Party on guys!

Closed Thread

Tags
age, caribbean, carnival, celebrity, cruise, cut, rci, review, royal, seas, senior, serenade, southern, summit, victory