Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 04:40 PM

Hello guys! We are back from our Enchantment 7-2-07 cruise and had a ball! We can't wait to book once again! WE were on Sovereign last year and want to rebook that again for 6-30-08. My question is this---I have looked at cruisecompete.com and cruisevaluecenter.com and everyone's rates are pretty much same--except one offers free travel insurance 1 / 2 persons and the other onboard credits! (I know I should have booked onboard but just didn't)

I like my travel agent but not sure she goes the extra mile for us. Last cruise we got a discount coupon and she said they wouldn't accept it because we had already booked--I read here that they will even if already booked. So worry about that--
Just afraid not to have an agent--or would you have one online and how do you make payments?

Sorry if these are dumb questions--still new at this--this will be our 3rd cruise but I amlearning!!

Thanks
Carolyn
Old 07-19-2007, 05:27 PM

Take the onboard credit and buy real insurance on your own. The free insurance these places offer is worth just about exactly what you pay for it.

Your agent did not have a choice in all probability on the coupon credit. That's different from a price drop which can be applied to an existing booking. Many of the coupons and other point of sale marketing things are to spur new bookings and say right on them "*For new bookings only, may not be applied to existing bookings".

I don't know anything about the two companies you listed. Be sure they don't have hidden booking charges or service charges for having to call them after you book. Some of the online companies have online booking only rates. That means you have to put your CC in the computer and if you need anything and have to call and talk to someone there are fees. As with anything else there are good and bad companies and good and bad agents. Hopefully someone on here will know more about them and be able to advise you.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-20-2007, 10:28 AM

Thanks--I have found out that the one I am talking to is an actual travel agent located in Orlando so that makes me feel better---someone suggested letting my TA know the offer and see is she will match it--wonder if that would offend??

Closed Thread