Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 03:42 PM

When I purchase a NCB I always tell them I want the bookings in my nameónot the travel agency. When I'm ready to use them, I transfer the booking to my travel agent so she gets the credit. The NCB's no not expire. I agree with Neil, you've come across a promotion to get an on-board credit if you book within the next 30 days. I don't pay any attention to those promotions. I always have two next cruise booking ready for use in the future.

Sonny
Old 06-15-2008, 03:54 PM

Sonny your post brought to mind the different acronyms through the different lines. They all seem to have their own terms and language. Crown and Anchor, Captains Club, Captains Circle, Mariner, Latitudes among a couple dozen more are all past passenger clubs, some call them "Society" instead of club. Then you get to the credits and future cruise stuff and they all have different terms as well, (FCC) Future Cruise Credit, (NCB) Next Cruise Booked, the list goes on and on. No matter how long I'm in this gig and no matter how long I cruise, I don't think I'll ever get them all straight in my head. I wish they go to a generic term like just plain old Past Passenger number and Past Passenger Club. That'll never happen with all the marketing and brand identification stuff they love so much. Sure would make it easier to keep track of it all though. I'm notorious for calling Princess and asking for their Crown and Anchor Desk or a dozen other oops things. They normally just laugh.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-15-2008, 08:41 PM

I don't have that problem, Neil. I only cruise with Royal Caribbeanómakes things much simpler.

Sonny
Old 06-16-2008, 06:48 AM
We "Oldies" truely use the "KISS" principle.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:34 AM

What are these Next Cruise Certificates and when can they be purchased... I am about to sail on our 12 RCI cruise and I have never been told of them. We have booked on board before...

Please advise.
Thanks,
RA
Old 06-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Administrator

quote:
What are these Next Cruise Certificates and when can they be purchased..

Welcome to cruise-chat. I'm surprised a C&A Diamond member hasn't been told about NextCruise bookings.

NextCruise is a booking you make while on a cruise, just like you've done before. The difference is a NextCruise booking is not for a specific cruise. It is an open booking you make with a $100 per person deposit. This locks in an onboard credit for whenever you activate the booking and select a cruise for it. The credit varies from $50 to $200 depending on the length of cruise you eventually select. When you decide on a cruise, the deposit you paid is credited to the cruise and you still have to pay any additional deposit. The NextCruise booking never expires and can be assigned to your agent if you wish.

So essentially, if you want to book a cruise while aboard ship but can't decide on an itinerary, NextCruise lets you do it without a specific commitment.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:18 AM

Dave,
Thanks for the quick response. I am really disappointed that I was not aware of this. Some of the on board cruise consultants really need a refresher course... I always try to book when on board but don't always have a destination in mind. This is the PERFECT solution!!!
Appreciate the TIP.

Best regards,
Rich Adamo

Closed Thread

Tags
book, booking, caribbean, carnival, certificate, cruise, cruises, days, lines, mailed, nextcruise, promotion, promotions, rci, royal