Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 10:04 AM

We recently purchased a couple of Next Cruise certificate, but reading them this morning it seems to say that they must be used within 30 days. Can someone clarify this for us....I think we are reading these wrong.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:04 AM

We recently purchased a couple of Next Cruise certificate, but reading them this morning it seems to say that they must be used within 30 days. Can someone clarify this for us....I think we are reading these wrong.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

What specifically leads you to the impression about using it within 30 days? The Next Cruise bookings have no expiration date. In fact, for Canadian citizens you have the option to transfer these to another person or persons, where we in the U.S. have to leave at least one original name on the booking.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:27 AM

Hi Dave: I've been reading some of your posts since signing up with Cruise-Chat. That said, it reads when you are ready to take advantage of this offer...Call your travel agent and have them contact RCL within 30 days and mention your certificate number...and in writing I think I have figured the whole thing out...
Old 06-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Administrator

That must be some new language they've added to the contract. Mine doesn't say anything about my agent having 30 days, and really, how would RCI know when you called your agent anyway?

I made my NextCruise booking last summer and am looking at activating it soon. Perhaps with a Bermuda cruise or one to New England and Canada.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:02 AM

I think you should look at New England & Canada but I might be a little biased. We are flying Halifax Nova Scotia this Thursday for a week, hope to see a cruise ship or 2 in port. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:16 AM

I think there may be some confusion over what type of credit we're dealing with here. After you cruise Crown and Anchor sends out "Savings Certificates" to try and induce you to book another cruise quickly, while you're excited about the one you just completed. These have a deadline for booking your next cruise and I believe it is 30 days. This is different from a future cruise booked onboard which does not have the deadline.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Administrator

I didn't even think of that possibility. Yes, when I made the NextCruise booking my agent was sent the reservation number. She got it before I did.

Salty45 - you say you bought these? But did you make a NextCruise booking while you were on an RCI cruise?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:33 AM

We did book our Alaska cruise while on the Navigator going to Barcelona. We also bought 2 Next Cruise certificates to use in the future, maybe January and next April to go back to Europe.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:07 PM

Hey Salty, You're fine if you purchased these onboard. It can take a week or so for them to acknowledge through your agent the reciept of the certs and the processing has been done. If in the meantime you got "Savings Certificates" with some onboard credit for a cruise booked in the next 30 days, don't dispair. This is a standard practice and has no relation to your FCCs. They're just a different marketing promotion you happened to get while awaiting the bookings.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
book, booking, caribbean, carnival, certificate, cruise, cruises, days, lines, mailed, nextcruise, promotion, promotions, rci, royal