Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 08:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Cruiser-Hydes:
FYI to Sonny V. We have taken Executive Shuttle to MCO many times, don't know where you got your info from.

__________________________________________________ ____

I got my information from Executive Shuttle Service. Give them a call, (321) 453-4044, they'll tell you they didn't renew their license. They can't take people from the Port to the airport. However, they can pick you up in Orlando and drop you off at the port. This has been going on for about a year. Now you know where I got my info from.

Sonny
Old 01-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
One more question how are the terminals there ?
You mean at the port? Pretty much average in my opinion. Despite being so close to the hotels and highway the security at Port Canaveral can be a pain. Not that I have a problem with good security, but the last two times we cruised from there they would summarily close the port to any new traffic for 30-45 minutes and traffic jams would rapidly happen. In 2004 we stayed overnight at a hotel that had free shuttle service but it was terribly backed up because of the security issues. A taxi driver showed up and parked and he was standing around looking at the crowd. He told me he could get around the traffic, so I took him up on it. Best driver I've ever had! We blew by the traffic, went in a back service entrance to the port, got waved through by the guard and then our driver drove over a low traffic median and we were suddenly at the baggage drop-off. It was less than 10 minutes! In fact, when Happy Limo hosed me and I went to the taxi line guess who was first up for a fare? Yup. He got us to MCO in 40 minutes.

At the time this guy was working for an established company but told me he was going to buy his own cab and start a business. I hope he did.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:17 AM

Thanks Dave, again lots of great info. I will weigh my options, off point HERE, but what about the port of Galveston, any insight ?

Had a couple creative cab drivers in my day, they earn their tips. I just got hosed by my regular limo guy in Chicago, and ended up finding a great guy just waiting there, who had been stood up by his clients, and we had 6 girls shopping in Chicago, and he earned some new clients too.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 01-30-2008, 11:47 AM

Sonny, that was news to me and good to know. We haven't taken Executive in about 18 mos. but only paid $30 each way for two of us to MCO.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by roberto:
Hi I am going on the mariner on the 25th of may nad i am flying down a day earlier i booked th hotel room through royal caribean and they will provide shuttle from the hotel to port canaveral maybe you should book room through hotel then you get the shuttle service
hi roberto, am on the same cruise and will be flying in on the 25th from Mobile,al. booked this through rcci. since this is handled by rcci will there be a shuttle awaiting me take me to port canaveral? sister and i are cruising can't wait
Old 01-30-2008, 07:29 PM

You would need a transfer with Royal Carribean at an extra cost. You can only do this if your arrival at the airport is the same date as your cruise. There will be a RCCL representative with a RCCL sign at the terminal. I would call Royal Caribbean and see if you purchased a transfer.

Sonny
Old 01-31-2008, 03:44 PM

Hi Che Che We are going on same cruise from philadelphia here we booked hotel room through RCI staying in universal studios.. We are on our own from airport to hotel but The next day actually the day of our cruise RCi shuttle will be taking us to the ship i hope the shuttle service is ok see you there
Old 02-26-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dg1904:
We are 2 ladies planning to get our own flights to Orlando in May. We will spend a couple days at a Disney Hotel and want to get to Port Canaveral on 05-11-2008 for our cruise on Mariner. We are afraid of freeways and don't want to rent a car. Our priorities, in order, are: 1. a safe ride 2. not missing the cruise 3. convenience 4. reasonable price. Will an experienced person tell us what would be our best plan A and plan B? Thank you.
dg1904
Hi dg, I actually live in Orlando and I live only about 20 minutes from Port Canaveral and I have to admit, your best option is most likely going to be renting a car and driving yourself by taking I4 then out of Disney then hopping on the 528 (toll road/called the Beachline). The 528 takes you all the way to the port and will cost you $2.75 in tolls each way. The drive is nice and scenic and with all major cities, there is stupid people who will zoom past you but if you stay in the right lane you'll be fine. Just beware of the road construction on 528 between OBT and Semoran, and then there's more construction right after the 417 interchange - hopefully that will be gone by your May departure.
Happy Travels.

Closed Thread

Tags
80, beach, called, canaveral, car, caribbean, cocoa, cruise, disney, orlando, port, resort, reviews, royal, service, shuttle