Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2008, 07:39 PM

We are 2 ladies planning to get our own flights to Orlando in May. We will spend a couple days at a Disney Hotel and want to get to Port Canaveral on 05-11-2008 for our cruise on Mariner. We are afraid of freeways and don't want to rent a car. Our priorities, in order, are: 1. a safe ride 2. not missing the cruise 3. convenience 4. reasonable price. Will an experienced person tell us what would be our best plan A and plan B? Thank you.
dg1904
Old 01-17-2008, 07:58 PM

A rental would be the lowest cost option but with that off the table you'll need either a taxi or transfer through an outside source. Cruiseline transfers are only available if you're flying in on the date of the sailing. Both will be more costly than a rental but the transfers will probaly save you some money over a cab.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-17-2008, 08:02 PM

Try www.cruise-connection.com they are one of the sources the cruiselines employ for transfers. Going to them direct may save you and there won't be the requirements of when you fly in. There are other sources, maybe someone else here has another good referral for transfers.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-17-2008, 10:22 PM

My wife and I have done it lots of ways and found Art's shuttle service the best. One way for 4 people will cost around $80 total for one way. They can also be there at the end of the cruise to take you to the airport. HERE is the link to their website for more information.

Sonny
Old 01-19-2008, 04:26 PM

I just looked into this very option, as I am going on the Mariner in April. My son and I are going to Disney for a couple days before our cruise and then my daughter and husband will be meeting us for the cruise. I called Coco Beach Shuttle and they will pick us up at the Disney Resort and they will pick up my husband and daughter at the airport (separately). I am going to look into if Art's Shuttle will pick up at a Disney Resort before I finalize the plans.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-19-2008, 06:42 PM

Hi DAP...............

We'll be on the same cruise as you. Its our second time on this cruise and its amazing!!!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 01:36 PM

ChrisnKate:

How fun!!! We can't wait - this is our second cruise, the first being on the Majesty last April. Any suggestings for excursions? We think we'll try the zip-line in Labadee! Thanks in advance. Dawn

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-21-2008, 03:22 PM

Hi I am going on the mariner on the 25th of may nad i am flying down a day earlier i booked th hotel room through royal caribean and they will provide shuttle from the hotel to port canaveral maybe you should book room through hotel then you get the shuttle service
Old 01-27-2008, 11:09 AM

Disney hotels have lots of town cars available so if you want to treat yourselves I would check into the cost of that or a private car service as well as your return trip. Arts shuttle is okay, Executive shuttle out of Cocoa Beach is cheaper and gives great service. The trip from Disney to the port is all freeway (we call it the Beeline or Beachline depending on where you live!). The trip shouldn't take you more than 1 1/4 hours as the port is right off the BeeLine expressway. Hope it helps, have a great time, that's one of our favorite ships!
Old 01-27-2008, 01:50 PM

Excutive shuttle service is no cheaper than Art's shuttle service. Beside, you won't be able to use Excutive shuttle service to get back to the air port after your cruise.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
80, beach, called, canaveral, car, caribbean, cocoa, cruise, disney, orlando, port, resort, reviews, royal, service, shuttle