Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2004, 07:42 PM

Hi, my husband, my sister and her hubby are all going on the Grandeur out of Baltimore on Sept. 24th. We are VERY excited! Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated for us first time cruisers. We are driving down from Ontario the day before and we want to make sure we don't forget anything!!
Regards
Gail
Old 08-19-2004, 07:42 PM

Hi, my husband, my sister and her hubby are all going on the Grandeur out of Baltimore on Sept. 24th. We are VERY excited! Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated for us first time cruisers. We are driving down from Ontario the day before and we want to make sure we don't forget anything!!
Regards
Gail
Old 08-20-2004, 05:34 PM

Gail, the Grandeur is a wonderful ship. The Vision Class ships are a perfect size. You are really being adventurous for your first cruise. Most people start with a short cruise, but you opted for a 10 day cruise - How wonderful!!! Just that much more time to enjoy the experience. Baltimore's Inner Harbor is neat, so plan to spend a little time there. It is a nice itinerary also - are you interested in doing anything special at any of the ports?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-20-2004, 09:12 PM

Hi Nancy, that's my sister's name who is cruising with us! Yes, my husband and brother-in-law really want to do the submarine excursion, I think it's in Cozumel. My feet will be staying above the water thanks! My sister and I plan on doing some shopping and laying on the beach. We were also wanting to check out the Mayan Ruins, any suggestions on which one to go to? Any hints on what to make sure we take on our cruise? Anything you can't do without, that we might not think of? Also is the parking lot for the cruise in Baltimore close to where we go on the ship? I understand it's $10.00 per day for parking. Another quick question, when we get back from the cruise, the order you get off the ship is done how? We are driving back to Ontario the day it comes back, and it's an 8 hr drive, so hopefully it won't take too long to get our luggage and get on our way home.
Thanks for your help Nancy.
Regards
Gail
Old 08-21-2004, 05:31 AM

Gail,
Parking at the port in Baltimore is a breeze. It is located right off I-95 (I believe you take exit 56 - but I would get a triptik to verify that). Follow the signs and you will arrive at the Cruise Terminal. Parking is located adjacent to where the Grandeur will be docked. If you have a lot of luggage - you might want to swing the car around to the ship and drop off luggage and passengers and the driver can than park and walk back.

As for trying to shop, spend some quality beach time and see the ruins - I don't think you will have time. You will need to decide if seeing the ruins is a priority or beach and shopping is more important. In order to see the ruins you will need to first take a ferry to Playa del Carmen, then get transported to the ruins. It is definitely an all day excursion. There are some fantastic beaches in Cozumel. We have done extensive research on all the ports you will be visiting. You might want to check out our reviews as well as other cruisers at www.portreviews.com. You can also go directly to the Caribbean port reviews:
http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com
Interestingly Cozumel is our featured port this week at CruiseReviews.com.

Now, as for disembarking from the ship. Those with early flights are usually the first off the ship. Those with their own travel arrangements via car are usually the last off. You will be asked to complete a form about halfway through your cruise indicating your post cruise travel plans. If you want to get off early - one way is to just list an airline and flight number that departs before noon as your plans. Another option is to keep your luggage with you (if you don't have too much and can handle taking it off the ship yourself). Don't pack it and put it outside the last night as requested. When they call the first colored tag group to depart - just walk right off the ship with them.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-21-2004, 06:33 AM

Another option is to visit the purser's desk early in the cruise and let them know you HAVE to be off the ship by a certain time upon debarkation. By giving them advance notice, they will accommodate you.

Tom
Old 09-03-2004, 08:07 AM

My husband and I will be cruising with you on this date!!
We are flying in on the 23rd from Nashville and will be staying over night.
I'm so excited. This is my second cruise and my hubby's first.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:16 PM

Hi Dixie Girl! Nice to meet you! Hopefully we will get to meet on the ship! You are the only experienced cruiser among us 6, so we will be counting on you for some helpful tips.
My husband and I are on the 7th deck and my sister and her husband are on the 3rd. What deck are you and your husband on? Maybe we can arrange to meet somewhere on the ship?
Take care and happy cruising to us all!
Gail
Old 09-07-2004, 06:20 AM

Hey!!!That's great Cruiser, we are on deck 7 also
Let's try to get together.
I've only been on one other cruise and it was almost 10 years ago. It was on the Cunard,QE2 for 7 days.
But it was great.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:18 PM

Hi Dixie Girl!
I feel like I already know you! We are in 7570 and would LOVE to meet you onboard. My sister and her husband will be there too. The 6 of us could meet, that would be great! Any suggestions where and when?
See you SOON! I can't believe it's almost time!
We are so excited.
Gail

Closed Thread

Tags
baltimore, belize, cruise, grandeur