Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2005, 07:59 AM

Anyone else on this cruise?? Our first cruise. Just wondering how this ship is. Thanks
Old 05-21-2005, 10:14 AM

billandlacey,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

Our parent web site CruiseReviews.com has quite a few recent reviews of "Majesty of the Seas", which you can find here.

Have a great first cruise!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-08-2005, 07:38 PM

We have sailed on the Majesty twice the first time was our first cruise. This is a very nice ship one of the older ones but is still beautiful when we boarded I could not imagine a ship bigger than this one. (Until I seen the Voyager) what stops will you have Coco Cay? Key West? Do you have any shore excursions planned yet?
Old 06-09-2005, 05:37 PM

We are getting excited yet nervous, never done anything like this before. We are leaving our 20month home with the grandparents. Yes cococay, nassau and keywest. We haven't planned any shore excursions yet, We didn't know if they were worth the money or which ones were worth doing. We were going to wait until we got onboard to book them. Any suggestions?
Old 06-09-2005, 08:48 PM

First time that we went to Nassau we did not go to Alantis but the second time we did,it is really something to see.
On Coco Cay we did the waverunners, we loved this excursion.Coco Cay is a beautiful island you will really enjoy it there.Our first trip there the island did not have much on it except for some beach chairs etc. But now, WOW it is beautiful, RCCL has put tons of money into this island and well worth it,this is a favorite stop for us we are sorry that it is not on the list of stops for our next cruise.Have a Coco Loco (drink on the island- with or without rum)
Key west is just a really beautiful place also. We did the train tour there and it takes you past the high lights of the island. Some of the shore excursions fill up fast if you check them out on RCCL webstie and decide on something I would suggest that you go ahead and book it. Just takes your booking number and of course a credit card. Have a wonder cruise you will love it I am sure.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:54 PM

Sorry I just realized that you are leaving on Monday! to late to book shore excursions. But if you do know that you want to do something you can book it when you get on the ship when you get on the shore excursion desk will be to your right. Purser desk straight ahead, this ship does not have safes in the room if you would like some secure place to put things then go to the Purser desk as soon as you board and ask for a safe or lockbox.These are behind the desk they will give you a key and they have a key anytime day or night that you want something out of it just go to the desk and they will hand you the box and you get what you want and hand it back to them. We have always done this for extra travelers checks, passports, wallets etc.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:22 AM

Thanks for the great info! we will look into those excursions and read all about them on our flights to miami.I would always rather talk to somebody who's done them before! I was wondering if they had safes, good to know about the lock boxes, do they charge for them?? We are getting excited but aren't even close to being ready. eeek! THanks again
Old 06-10-2005, 05:05 PM

Hi Billandlacy, I see you are from TN.
Where in TN are you from? I live in
Gatlinburg. I am sailing on the Majesty of the seas in November, my first time too. When you get back, let me know how it was. Also what type of cabin do you have? I just upgraded
a couple of weeks ago to a Jr. Suite. I have seen the pictures but I am hoping they are nice.
My main reason was for the balcony.
Let me know how your cruise goes.
MSC - Lirica 2008

Old 06-10-2005, 05:46 PM

Countrymoon, We are in Knoxville. We are getting excited/nervous, hurricanes and all. Anyways, we have just an oceanview room, I tried to upgrade but they were sold out of balcony rooms, We are going to try again at the pier. We will let you know how it was.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:53 AM

BillannLacey,
I manage a rental company outside of Gatliburg,
Riverside Rentals. Give me a call if you ever
come to the area.

Pat/countrymoon
MSC - Lirica 2008

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, cococay, cruise, june, rccl