Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2006, 10:51 AM

Setting sail in Sept. for first cruise. Has anyone sailed on this ship? I'm looking for any tips to make this a wonderful vacation.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:22 AM

Good Evening LuvMyCats

Here you can find a lots of cruise-reviews from the ship:
http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCa...roftheSeas.htm

Take a virtual Tour inside the ship:
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/virtualTour/sh...r4a?shipClassCode=VI

Here is a website I found, with some picture's from this ship;
http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsPublic...x=&shipId=22&deckId=

As Always: Good Luck & Happy Cruising!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:36 AM

Thanks for the links. I am trying to absorb everything I can on taking a cruise. I have no idea what to expect and I'm a little worried about motion sickness.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:03 PM

The fun thing about not knowing what to expect is finding out how much enjoyment a cruise can be! As far as motion sickness goes, the first thing to do is to notworry! If you are really susceptible, talk with your doctor before you go, and see what he/she recommends. Personally, Bonine (or non-drowsy Dramamine) works fine for me; others have had good results from ginger tablets, special accupressure wristbands, or a prescription patch that you wear. Unless the weather is bad and the seas very rough, though, you probably will barely notice any movement at all; today's big ships are quite stable and comfortable.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:32 PM

I do plan on getting the patch. I also have the wrist bands that I've worn when flying. I also have non-drowsy Dramamine already.

Hopefully once I get to Baltimore, see the ship, I won't even think about the possibility of motion sickness.

I have tried to find the most current info. on this ship and reviews. I have read a lot, and tried to locate all information I can on the ship and ports from people who have done this recently.

I'm so excited about going and looking forward to the R&R.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LuvMyCats:
Setting sail in Sept. for first cruise. Has anyone sailed on this ship? I'm looking for any tips to make this a wonderful vacation.

Thanks!
LuvMyCats-I sailed on the Grandeur in Sept. 1999 she is absolutely gorgeous (as are all the RC ships). In Dec. 2005 I sailed her sister ship the Enchantment of the Seas (which has been stretched)-it brought back many wonderful memories if the Grandeur. I keep hoping that RC will stretch Grandeur also!

Bon Voyage,
BillyBuzzy
Old 08-23-2006, 09:45 AM

Thanks BillyBuzzy for the info.

I was hoping that someone had been on the ship recently and had some photos.

Looking so forward to the first cruise.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:40 AM

Hi! We were on the Grandeur last December. She is a beautiful ship. We had a balcony room on Deck 7. The Centrum is "brass and glass" and it was decorated for Christmas. Gorgeous!

The ship is not a new ship. We sailed on her in 1997 on her 4th voyage. So we noticed a little "age" showing here and there. But we would go on the Grandeur over and over again.

I do have photos. If you would like to email me, I would be glad to send you some pictures. My email is deh7@msn.com.

Nadine
Old 08-25-2006, 06:06 PM

HI Luv My Cats,
Our very first cruise in 2004 was onboard the gorgeous Grandeur! It got us hooked now and we cruise every September, we are going on the Explorer this year and went on the Voyager last year.
The Grandeur was an amazing ship and the crew was the BEST. We were also concerned about sea sickness, but had no problems at all. The Grandeur is by far our favourite ship, maybe because it was our first, and it is a very beautiful ship. You'll be AMAZED when you get to the pier and get your first look at the Grandeur.......WOW.!! Even now, just remembering our first look, it brings a smile to my face, it's one of those things you won't forget.
Enjoy your cruise on the Grandeur, and happy cruising.
Comet Cruiser
Gail
p.s. We drove down from Ontario to board the Grandeur, a very long drive but oh so worth it!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:59 PM

The replys I have received have been wonderful and the photos Nadine sent me also have me very excited. Since I have never cruised before, I have no doubt this is going to be a new and exciting venture. I have never even seen a cruise ship so Gail, I'm sure I'll be amazed. Hopefully the weather will be wonderful and we won't have to worry about storms. I can't that you all enought for the wonderful information and pictures.

Closed Thread

Tags
1999, 2003, cruise, grandeur, motion, rc, review, sailing, sea, seas, seasick, september, sickness, tour, virtual