Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2004, 06:56 PM

Just booked the 9 day Voyager out of New Jersey on Sept 24th and my wife is due at the end of August. We are planning on taking the newborn with us, any advice?????
Old 01-06-2004, 06:56 PM

Just booked the 9 day Voyager out of New Jersey on Sept 24th and my wife is due at the end of August. We are planning on taking the newborn with us, any advice?????
Old 01-08-2004, 12:10 PM

Um, I think that taking your newborn is not the wisest idea. From what I have seen on the pooldecks and dining areas, babies and very small children on a cruise are more work than fun. Let the new grandparents bond and spend some quality time with the newest member of the family, while your wife and you take one last romantic vacation...just the two of you. Who knows when you'll get the chance again.

Disney Magic: 11/99
Disney Magic: 05/00
Explorer of the Seas: 10/01
Enchantment of the Seas: 05/02
Explorer of the Seas: 05/03
Navigator of the Seas: 02/04
Enchantment of the Seas: 05/02
Explorer of the Seas: 05/03
Navigator of the Seas: 02/04
Old 01-08-2004, 02:11 PM

Just food for thought....is that baby going to be able to fend off all the virous possibilites that it will be exposed to onboard let alone in ports of foreign countries. Maybe should ask your physican for consult on that subject. Just one opinion for a granny mom!
Old 01-08-2004, 06:16 PM

I have a few trains of thought here and I do appreciate all of your feeback.

First off this is a full family cruise so all of the grandparents, borthers and sisters will be on board.

Secondly, we do have a few calls out to some doctors to ask their opinion. We will make sure that the baby has all of its shots prior to cruising. I have NO intentions of taking the baby off the ship in any port of call. I have been to these ports enough that I do not need to get off and explore and if I do chose to, the grandparents,like to lounge in the shade at the pool, so baby sitting will not be an issue.

I am not concerned with any hassles oh having a baby. In fact we cruised this past Sept on Explorer with my 2 yr old nephew and he was all over the place and he had an absolute BLAST. This baby will eat and sleep, so it will make it much easier. I plan on packing a few boxes enough for 10+ days (diapers, formula, wipes, bottled water, etc....) and checking it at the pier for immdiate deivery to the room. This cruise will not require us to take any airfare, so we will be able to drive right to the pier.

With this being said, I am sure I wll need a vacation from the vacation.

Still would love additional feedback from those who have cruised with infants and or your thoughts.
Thanks
Old 01-09-2004, 05:32 AM
Banned

I sure hope your wife delivers on her due date and not two weeks late. Then I hope for the sake of passengers near your cabin that your child is not colicky.

Closed Thread

Tags
baby, borns, caribean, carnival, cruise, cruised, cruises, cruising, crusing, disney, line, newborn, newborns, reviews, taking