Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2005, 10:59 AM

I would like to know the best Excursions for the New England/Canada Cruise or would I be better setting up my own, or staying at the Harbor. We have never done this Cruise but we have done all the Caribbean Cruises.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:08 PM

Which ports of call do you have.

We had Boston, Bar Harbour, Sydney (I dont know why), Halifax and Quebec. I think I forget one, but it was in 2001.

So tell us about your ports and we can give you some advices.

Marita
Norwegian Sun 2001 Indian Summer

Old 06-24-2005, 06:03 PM

We are going Golden Princess and we have New York City, Halifax, Saint John, Bar Harbor, Boston and Newport. I mentioned NY because we will be getting in at 10 and I don't know what to do until we can board the ship. I don't know if they have a place to wait at the dock where it is cool or what???? Thanks
Old 06-24-2005, 10:56 PM

Hi again mohrl,

Unfortunately we did not leave from N.Y. because it was several weeks after 9-11.
We had to go by bus to Boston, but it was a wonderful busride through indian summer coloured landscapes. So, Im not familiar with the port in N.Y., but its close to the centrum.

In Boston you can make a long walk by your own.
Take the bus shuttle to the centrum, follow a special way, which is marked on the street (red line ??? I`m not sure) and it brings you to very nice places in Boston.

Bar Harbour: also a nice walking tour along the coast line and then in s small centrum.
If its whale watching season, take a boat tour.

In Halifax make a bus tour to Peggys Cove, one of the most fotographed places in the world and very nice.

But enjoy the cruise, stay outside as often as you can. In september/october you can see whales and doplphins.
It is really wonderful.

Best wishes for your cruise,
Marita

Old 06-25-2005, 09:23 AM

Thank you very much. You have been very helpful. We have loved all our Cruises in the past and I am sure we will love this one also. Have a great day. Lois

Closed Thread

Tags
boston, canada, caribbean, cruise, cruises, england, englandcanada, excursion, excursions, line, norwegian, princess, reviews, royal, ship