Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi,we're a family of six and we booked two Jr.suite on Mariner for December cruise.I checked RCCL's website today and notice rooms in deluxe/suites going down about $100 per person?I don't understand how the refund works, could someone explain it? I'm wondering, can I get that refund? And how do I get it? Thanks
-Tanya
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 11-01-2006, 05:29 PM

Hello. If you booked directly with RCCL, I would call and ask them about it. I got a $700 refund on my Freedom cruise we took this june, I had booked directly with them. I called and asked if I could get a refund. They credited my credit card $700, our cruise was for 3 people. I also got a $300 refund on our Princess cruise. I had caught that the price dropped, before my travel agent. Because we had booked with a TA, my TA had to request the refund. So, it does literally pay to check the fares after you book. I have also gotten travel vouchers good for the difference of my airline flights that have decreased. That only has happened once, on America West, I remember it was a couple hundred dollars. The voucher was for the difference, and if I remember correctly, it expired in 1 year. I could only use the voucher to book at the airline terminal. It was worth a trip to the airport I thought. Anyways, it never hurts to ask for a credit/refund if the price drops. You never know! Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-01-2006, 05:38 PM

Hey Sonny

I have found that booking through RCCL that I get the best prices and if the price drops I just call them and they honor it on the spot. You are a Diamond Plus member you should always check with Crown and Anchor first. When I call them I find out there are deals that are not even published yet. If the price drops they honored it for the same grade of cabin.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Lil' Lori in order to get the refund did you have to rebook a room?
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 11-01-2006, 06:25 PM

Nope! We were never offered that option. They basically just said "ok, well refund you". It was that simple. Good luck. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Hello again Lil'Lori, I have already called RCCL and they said that in order to get a refund there has to be another junior suite that is similar to mine, and then i can get a refund on it. But since there are not any cabins left that are the same category as mine left, i cannot get a refund. Oh well, i'm still happy to be able to go on the cruise thanks for your time and help
-Tanya
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 11-08-2006, 06:23 PM

We booked our cruise through a travel agent. He just gave us a total price with the taxes and all included. So if Royal Caribbean's price were to go down, I have no idea what we actually paid for the base price of the cruise. Would there be any way we could get a refund if they did lower the room price, since we went through a travel agent?

Thank you,
Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 11-09-2006, 09:37 PM

Linda, you can ask your travel agent to check to see if the price of your cruise went down. Cruise lines don't volunteer this information to agencies or to passengers who booked directly with them. You have to ask what the current price is, and see if it's lower than what you paid. If so, they will adjust the price such that you get the lower price.

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
america, automatic, book, caribbean, carribean, cheaper, cruise, free, holland, paid, price, rebate, refund, royal, sign, upgrades