Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2003, 12:41 PM
I will be taking my first cruise in Nov. Any words on sea sickness and what do you recommend? I wonder what percentage have a problem with this. Also I have allergies. Any of you in the same boat experiance more problems or less problems while cruising? Any suggestions?
Old 10-15-2003, 12:41 PM
I will be taking my first cruise in Nov. Any words on sea sickness and what do you recommend? I wonder what percentage have a problem with this. Also I have allergies. Any of you in the same boat experiance more problems or less problems while cruising? Any suggestions?
Old 10-17-2003, 11:04 AM

Yo can purchase a wrist band at yor local pharmacy that ses pressure points for sea sickness. These are not expensive and I find them effective. Also note that sea sick pills are available on board. You will either find them at the prursers desk or the infirmary. Don't anticipate a problem bt do be prepared. I don't believe that your allergies will be a hinderance....not much to be allergic to at sea.
Bon Voyage!
Old 10-17-2003, 01:27 PM

Depends on what you are allergic to - if your allergies are to drugs of any kind, be sure to check with your doctor about what kind of medications you can use!! Wristbands work for some people, but not all (me included), so I swear by Bonine, available OTC - again, with the caution to see your doctor first. And bring along any antihistamines or other allergy meds you normally take, of course.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:46 AM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

The best advice we can give you is to ask your family Doc for a prescription for [Transderm-SC 1.5mg Dis Nova]. This is medicine which prevents nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness. It is a small patch that you place behind your ear. The patch is good for three
days, then you must replace it. It will stay on even when you shower, Place the patch behind one ear, the morning of the sailing!!! This gives the medication a chance to start working. Also when you have to change the patch, do it first thing in the morning. Believe us, it works.

Regards,
Tom & Mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)
Old 10-21-2003, 06:57 PM

We have bought the relief bands. Even though they are expensive, they will last for a long time and are supposed to be very effective. The beauty of them is that there are no side effects and you can put them on after you get sick. I haven't had to use them yet, but one of my employees swears by it for morning sickness. You can get them at drugstore.com.
Mike

Mike & Carol

Costa Classica 3/94
Celebrity Mercury 4/98
Carnival Destiny 4/99
Crown Princess 7/01
Norwegian Star 11/01
Grand Princess 12/01
Sun Princess 3/02
Celebrity Constellation 11/02
Brilliance of the Seas 6/03
Navigator of the Seas 11/03

Costa Classica 3/94
Celebrity Mercury 4/98
Carnival Destiny 4/99
Crown Princess 7/01
Norwegian Star 11/01
Grand Princess 12/01
Sun Princess 3/02
Celebrity Constellation 11/02
Brilliance of the Seas 6/03
Navigator of the Seas 11/03

Closed Thread

Tags
15, 15mg, cruise, dis, ear, effects, motion, nova, percentage, reviews, sea, sick, sickness, side, transdermsc