Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007, 11:25 AM

Anyone else on board? This is my first RCCL cruise. Very excited for it. Any tips, suggestions as what to do in ports? We are doing the eastern leaving from Miami to San Juan, St Martin etc. Kids kind of just want beaches. Any input would be helpful.
Leigh

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 01-14-2007, 10:29 AM

Nice to see someone sign in for the same time we are. This is our secound cruise with RCCL. We would love any suggestions for the different ports. I of course am happy sitting on a nice beach but some suggestions for us with our 10 year old would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2007, 11:49 AM

This is our first with RCCL. We have a group of kids ages 12-18. We too are looking for nice beaches, we usually do the western cruises so these ports are all new to us, not sure if the kids will enjoy these as much is my concern. When we went to Cozumel for instance we went to Paradise beach where the kids swam and used the rock climbing wall in the ocean and the huge trampoline, seemed to be lots for them to do. San Juan is looking like an adult port than kid friendly but St Thomas & St Martin have such beautiful looking beaches. We just did Nassau in Nov, I know we checked into the Radisson Cable beach and they offered us $40/pp (kids are cheaper but not sure exactly)for their all-incl drinks, lunch and beach/pool facilities from 10-6. We did go to the beach but it was cold cloudy & windy and had no desire to stay so we had 1 drink and went back to the ship,but on a sunny warm day I could see parking it there all day. The Atlantis was just SO expensive and just too big for me and swarms of people. The hotel is beautiful and it is a must see but I will not be bringing the kids there, I think we will head directly to Cable Bch unless anyone has any other suggestions. I like the island getaways where you actually feel like you are on vacation...nice calm beach, with palm trees and a little beach bar to buy cold beer and hotdogs. So Karen maybe we'll see you on board. Enjoy the cruise. What was your other cruise you were on?

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Closed Thread