Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2006, 11:29 AM

I am going on Freedom of the seas. I have a choice of a cabin on the back of the ship #1700. Is the back of the ship a good choice?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:16 PM

Hi, welcome to cruise-chat. I have only had a aft balcony once. Only because they are usually not available. From now on I will book an aft balcony over a side balcony, if possible. The wake is soothing, and pleasing to look at. I would book it, without any hesitation. The only draw back, is if there are balconies above you, if you are standing out at the edge of your balcony they can look staight down and see you. That is what happened to us on the Enchantment of the Seas. I didn't care though. They can't see you if you are standing closer to the sliding door. You are on the top floor on the Freedom, so this shouldn't be a problem. Give it a try. They are usually difficult to book. If you don't like it, get a side balcony next time. At least you'll know. I cruised on Freedom this past june. She is beautiful, and lots of fun. Hope this helps, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Administrator

We had a cabin in the same location on the Mariner. Book it. The balcony should be huge and you will love it. One thing you should know is that there is some structural steel that extends beyond your balcony, so you really aren't all the way aft. But you still have a good view. My preference is aft balconies because they are more useable than side balconies because of less wind.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:11 PM

You couldn't book a better cabin for a D-1 catagory. Your stateroom will have a huge balcony and being on the corner you will have a better view. also, your stateroom will be about 5 feet wider then other D-1 staterooms. You are all the way aft on the port side of the ship. I always try to book an aft stateroom. My next choice is midship on the bumpout. I had cabin 1388 on the Mariner, which is on the aft starboard corner side on deck 10.

Sonny

Sonny
Old 11-29-2006, 06:34 PM

Corner cabin 1700 is not a good cabin since one corner was missing, if I were you, I would select 1702 or 1704 instead. Reason is both 1702 and 1704 have larger balcony with full size!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:22 PM

Springsteen,
I wouldn't listen to shanghai 100. The corner cabin is wider and seems much bigger. The balcony is much bigger than 1702 and 1704. I wonder if shanghai as ever been on a Voyager class ship. Take a look at this deck plan. It will show you what I'm talking about. Also, notice the structural rail Dave 56 was talking about. FREEDOM DECK 10

SONNY
Old 11-30-2006, 05:05 AM

TO DAVE56 and SONNYV,
You have made my day! I have the D-1 aft cabin 1388 booked on the Mariner for October 28, 2007.
This just makes me know that I did the right thing. This will be my 2nd cruise. I was on the Sovereign last November. That cruise made a change in my life and I decided that cruising was for me! Do you think it will easily be comfortable for 3 women?

Thank you
Countrymoon
MSC - Lirica 2008

Old 11-30-2006, 06:07 AM

Hi countrymoon,
When we were in that cabin we had our Granddaughter with us. The cabin is more wide than narrow which gives more room for three to move around. You'll love it! We had a corner cabin on the Navigator too. It was an E-1 on deck 7 and it wasn't nearly as nice. The balcony on the Navigator was big, but not as big as the Mariner on deck 10.

Sonny
Old 11-30-2006, 08:07 AM

I can only agree with the above posters. My tip is if you can get your hands on one of these aft cabins and have no problem with movement then you won't regret it one moment.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:40 AM

We have our first aft cabin on Rhapsody this Sunday. We're really looking forward to it. We also have an aft booked on Liberty for next October. No corner cabins as they were all already booked. I think that tells you something.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011

Closed Thread

Tags
1388, 8322, allure, back, cabin, celebrity, cruising, eclipse, freedom, port, seas, serenade, ship, stateroom, vers, view