Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Solo Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2007, 03:04 AM

Quote:
I have never done a single cruise but have been told that many of the activities are designed to match people up. If
Quote:
IMHO, a single, ambulatory straight male who books with a single cruise will be like a chicken in a den of foxes -- literally. Many of the people (women?) on these single cruises are looking to meet "someone". You may get latched onto and not be able to enjoy your "me time". It may be a bit overwhelming if you book with a single group. I have never done a single cruise but have been told that many of the activities are designed to match people up.
I don't agree with Ibcruzin's statment. I have been on 3 singles cruise. The activitys are not ment to match people up but rather as a way to get to know your fellow cruisers. I have not seem many women latch on to men that are clearly not interested. I have had my share of men who try to latch on to me, or my friends when we are not interested though. I am very picky. I go to cruise with other singles, and meet other people who are not married or coupled up, or traveling with kids in tow and maybe grandma and grandpa. Just a bunch of fun singles. Some people hook up sure, some become couples, a few meet their soul mate and get married, and yes I've even seen a pregnancy result from a singles cruise. I find like minds attract, there are groups within the groups, and you can always do your own thing if you choose too. The rewarding thing is the friendships formed, and sharing the experiance with other people. Don't knock it untill you try it! You will have a blast. As for cabin mates it's the luck of the draw.

Couples Resorts: All Inclusive
Old 04-22-2007, 09:17 AM

Showcat...were you by chance on the Victory for the January 2004 singles cruise? I heard of a pregnancy resulting from that cruise. I've been on 4 so maybe we have met before!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 04-22-2007, 03:22 PM

No it was not the Victory cruise, I've never been on that ship.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:57 PM

I have a friend who is on the Victory as of today (April 22,07) with his daughter. I think he is trying to "find" someone on this trip(his first). Are there alot of single women on the Victory? His daughter says its mostly couples and families. Then when he gets to Costa Maya, Grand Cayman and Ochio Rios, I think he is going to be looking.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:03 PM

What I meant to ask was, do you think he has a chance of meeting Ms right on this cruise?
You know what happens when people are lonely and a little desperate to find that soulmate.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:13 PM

If it's not a singles cruise booked through a singles agency such as Vacations to Go or Singles cruise.com it would be harder to find singles. Not impossible though. He should ask the matre D to seat him with other singles if possible during dinner, and ask the front desk if there is a singles meet and greet party. If so when and where. But odds of finding someone who lives in your home state might be rare.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:29 AM
Banned

MrOctober...yes 1 hottie on a cruise is enough...trying to juggle more than one can be exhausting and I'm on a cruise to relax. Why bother with a singles cruise....I could tell you stories about the steam and sauna rooms on Royal Caribbean.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:13 AM

As it turns out, I have decided to try one of the VTG Singles cruises. Not to look to meet someone but more to be part of the organized activities b/c I have heard nothing but good things about VTG.

My original comments were based on what I have seen on cruises and on stories from friends and family.

Now a singles cruise organized by an established single cruise/travel agency may not be too bad but if you book some of those group cruises organized by the music industry, radio stations or lifestyle organizations, they can become meat markets b/c so many people get on those ships with the idea that they want to have a story to tell when they get back home. Add that to the fact that these type of cruises tend not to attract single/solo men and you have a disproportionate number of women who may be looking for Mr. Right or Mr. Right Now and very few men to pick from.

Also, I cruise solo and have seen how "popular" the single/solo men are on these ships. And, believe it or not, generally it is not the solo women who are so available. What I have seen is it is usually the single women who are with a family/private group that are so amenable to "getting cozy on board".

However, back to the OP, if he is outgoing like Mr. October or me, he can get on the ship alone. If he is a bit more reserved, he may do better with a singles cruise offered by one of the better established companies that host these type cruises.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 04-23-2007, 08:27 AM

purple....not sure about "Ms Right", but odds of meeting "Ms Right Now" is good. He needs to hang out in the promenade area, the disco, and different lounges. MR. O had good advice months ago when he said to check out the photos on display for sale in he gallery to see who is traveling alone!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 04-23-2007, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tncruiseman:
purple....not sure about "Ms Right", but odds of meeting "Ms Right Now" is good. He needs to hang out in the promenade area, the disco, and different lounges. MR. O had good advice months ago when he said to check out the photos on display for sale in he gallery to see who is traveling alone!
I am new to this board but Mr. O sounds like a piece of work!!! hahahahaha!!! He has it worked to a science.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)

Closed Thread

Tags
activity, carnival, cruise, cruises, elation, gay, majesty, meet, men, paradise, reviews, seas, single, singles, victory, women