Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Solo Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 09:13 PM

Anyone taking this cruise besides me? This will be my first cruise and first real vacation.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:59 PM

Hi Tekdiva! My husband and I plus my sister and my Mom are taking this cruise. We are doing the 5 day land tour first.

We plan to arrive in Anchorage a day early and we are staying an extra day in Vancouver. My Mom is 86 and we are trying to make things as easy as possible on her, as well as ourselves!

Have fun planning your cruise! I know we will all enjoy it.

Nadine
Old 03-04-2008, 06:44 PM

Hey Nadine! I will be in Anchorage on May 14 also. A friend is getting married on the 17th. I decided to take the latest flight from Seattle they had (10 p.m.) - it was a couple hundred cheaper to get a non-International flight. It is a 3 hour bus ride to Sea-Tac from where the ship docks but that may be a little much for your mother.

Maybe we can get together for lunch one day during the cruise. As of the moment, my cabin number is B337.

Jackie
Old 03-05-2008, 03:40 PM

That would be fun. We have been on 6 Caribbean cruises, but never Alaska. We were all packed and ready to go last year. One week before the trip, I broke my wrist and we had to cancel. So this is a "rebooked" cruise and we are excited about it.

The friends we had booked our cruise with, had a wonderful time. The weather was perfect and they even had several pictures where they were sitting outside with no jackets on. From what I have read, you just never know about Alaska so you have to prepare for anything--hence, "layering"!

Nadine
Old 03-05-2008, 11:14 PM

Yes layering is good - it is a must here in Michigan as well! I am sorry to hear that you had to reschedule but I am glad to "know" someone on the ship as well. Must have destiny!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Nadine M, I remember a year ago, how excited you were and all the planning you did; and then the horrible letdown of having to cancel. I am really really happy for you that it has come time again! And for goodness sake, be careful.

Rick
Old 03-06-2008, 05:59 PM

Thanks Rick! Hopefully I have my crisis of the year over with already. I had a ruptured appendix removed three weeks ago. I kept thinking "not again"! But the doctor assured me I will be good to go by May. I won't be much help with heavy luggage, but I can carry the backpack with the candy, cashews, and all my other traveling goodies--the real essentials!

I just know things will be fine and in 67 days we will be on the plane to Anchorage!

Nadine
Old 03-08-2008, 04:43 AM

Looks like we will need to be wheeled around on deck! But two more months is plenty of time for both of us to have recovered from our ailments.

Plus I am planning on going to the dog sled summer camp to play with the puppies so I better be in tip top shape!

I will also be celebrating my birthday on board so unless I am on life support I will be on that cruise!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:44 AM

Hey Nadine! I am celebrating my birthday on the 21st and planning to have dinner at Sabatini's if you are able to join me, I would appreciate the company.

That goes for anyone who is on this cruise actually. In case there are some out there lurking about but not posting...

Closed Thread

Tags
b337, cancel, coral, cruise, itinerary, panama, princess, reviews