Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Solo Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2002, 06:06 AM

Bear in mind that March 27 is spring break for a lot of the Midwest, which might account for the larger than usual number of children. Unfortunately, there's still no accounting for lack of parental supervision...
Karen
Old 08-15-2002, 08:00 AM

I have been on numerous Spring Break cruises and although there are MANY children onboard at that time (over 600 children last Easter on the Radiance) I did not find the children to be disruptive or unruly for the most part (Of course I am a former elementary school teacher - so I may be more tolerant than many). Spring Breaks for college students/and many East coast schools starts around March 9 this year and then continues through to Easter. The highest public school traffic is the week before and the week after Easter (April 20). You will have numerous children aboard most of those sailings. I found, at least on Royal Caribbean, the staff worked very hard to keep the children in tow and held parents accountable. As a single mom the date of your cruise is probably dictated by your child's school calendar anyway, so I would suggest you continue with your plans.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-21-2002, 04:00 PM

Thanks everyone! My cruise IS ruled by the school calendar since not only am I parent, but also a teacher. After reading all the suggestions - I decided to book a cruise on Royal Caribbean Navigator for Easter break - I hope I made the right decision.
Vicki
Old 08-21-2002, 05:28 PM

Sounds good to me! Have a great time!!
Karen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2002, 03:54 AM

Think you made the right decision. Have fun, and let us know how things work out when you get back. We had 80 children on the Constellation 2 week cruise we just got back from, and with the exception of 2 10 or 11 year old boys that acted up one day, you hardly ever saw or heard the children. Have a great time.

Closed Thread