Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Solo Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2004, 05:54 AM

I am new to this site, but read information on another thread regarding Crystal Cruises. Since I enjoy sailing on luxury lines and am tempted to try Crystal, just curious how "Single Friendly" they are. Anyone know?
Shelley
Old 07-09-2004, 05:54 AM

I am new to this site, but read information on another thread regarding Crystal Cruises. Since I enjoy sailing on luxury lines and am tempted to try Crystal, just curious how "Single Friendly" they are. Anyone know?
Shelley
Old 07-09-2004, 06:48 AM

Hi Shelley,
Welcome to Cruise-Chat! I was on a Crystal cruise in February (you can check out my review at CruiseReviews.com) and your question is not an easy one to answer. If you are looking for a late night, singles scene, then Crystal is not for you. However, they do have gentlemen ambassadors as dance hosts and the staff is absolutely wonderful!!! Even the officers, mingle and make sure everyone is having a good time. You will find that there usually a number of single passengers on board (just not the partying type).
Hope this helps and once again - welcome!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-10-2004, 06:18 AM

Thank you for the welcome Nancy. I just read your review of the Crystal Harmony and was very impressed. Not only did you make a Crystal cruise very tempting, but I really felt like I was there with you - what a great trip! Now, I understand your difficulty in addressing my question. I am a 40+ single lady who loves the finer things in life, but I also enjoy an active nightlife. On the one hand I feel like I would be "Crystallized" like you, but at the same time, I don't really want to retire early every evening. Thanks for your information and I will consider the pros and cons before making any decision.
Shelley
Old 07-12-2004, 04:04 AM

You're welcome Shelley. Even though, as previously mentioned, these are not late night party ships, I do hope you consider a Crystal cruise in your future. I am still feeling the "after=glow" of my experience.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-13-2004, 03:16 PM

Nancy, Not to worry! You have certainly tempted me and I will be looking into Crystal Cruise lines further for the future.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:18 PM

Nancy,
Since you seem to know a lot about cruising, which of the luxury ships is the best one for singles? Of course, anybody who has an opinion or first-hand knowledge, feel free to chime in.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:31 PM

Wow! You have asked a tough one. There are so many variables to consider when suggesting which is the best for singles. Do you mean which ones offer the best single rates? Which one has single cabins? Which one has the best mix of other singles? Do you require gentlemen hosts or singles parties? Are you an active single or looking for enrichment activities?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-20-2004, 09:47 AM

I traveled solo on Crystal last December. The food was the best I have ever had on a ship. The main evening entertainment was mostly classical music (not my taste). The really negative thing was that I like to eat breakfast and lunch in the dining room, but unlike other cruise lines, if alone, they place you by yourself at a small table. One day there were 3 of us alone at 3 different tables. At night I had an assigned table with others.

Closed Thread

Tags
chrystal, cruise, cruises, crystal, enjoy, review, sailing, solo