Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Solo Cruisers (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/solo-cruisers/)
-   -   Ships that offer single cabins (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/solo-cruisers/3776-ships-offer-single-cabins.html)

Luv2Cruis 07-25-2004 09:06 AM

Now that I have been bitten by the cruise bug again. In great part due to the Silversea and Crystal posts on this board I have decided I need to take a cruise. Thanks, by the way :-) However, I am having difficulty finding a friend to join me. Since I am not letting that stop me, does anyone know if any cruise ships have single cabins available (preferably in the luxury liner class)?
Shelley

Luv2Cruis 07-25-2004 09:06 AM

Now that I have been bitten by the cruise bug again. In great part due to the Silversea and Crystal posts on this board I have decided I need to take a cruise. Thanks, by the way :-) However, I am having difficulty finding a friend to join me. Since I am not letting that stop me, does anyone know if any cruise ships have single cabins available (preferably in the luxury liner class)?
Shelley

Raoul Fiebig 07-25-2004 10:01 AM

Hi Shelley,

I don't think many luxury ships have single cabins. I only know one - Peter Deilmann's M/S "Deutschland". While it is a German ship, there are usually some English-speaking passengers onboard, and the ship caters well to them from what I have heard.

NancyN 07-25-2004 06:04 PM

Shelley,
The only luxury line that I am aware of that offers "single cabins" is Cunard, but I think you would be much better off by taking advantage of the "single special" rates that are offered. (As for example the Silversea promo). It is by far a much better deal and a far superior stateroom, besides the fact that single cabins are in very limited supply.
Nancy

Luv2Cruis 07-27-2004 07:04 AM

Thanks for the info. Is there a good source/site for checking on ships that are offering single specials?

Raoul Fiebig 07-27-2004 03:31 PM

Hi Shelley,

I would check with a cruise-specialized travel agent, probably one which also specializes in cruise for singles. Maybe Nancy can help you.

NancyN 07-28-2004 01:56 PM

Thanks Raoul! Shelley, I do agree that your first choice should be a local travel agent that you trust (preferably one who specializes in the singles cruise market). If, that is not a viable option for you, I might suggest you check out my website www.singlescruisecenter.com. or go to Nancy's page on CruiseReviews. I have a written a number of articles specifically for singles cruisers and the website has a list of single specials that is updated regularly. Hope that helps -
Nancy

Luv2Cruis 07-30-2004 06:37 AM

Thanks Raoul and Nancy. I do have a travel agent I trust, but she is not tuned into the "single specials" market. I appreciate the info as I am not looking for a "Singles Cruise", persay, but ones that offer a pricing break. As you suggested, I will check the website to see what is available.
Shelley

NancyN 07-31-2004 10:59 AM

You're welcome Shelley. Let me know if there is any other way I can help you. And if I hear of any late breaking "singles deals" I will make sure to give you a heads up on this board.
Nancy