Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Solo Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2004, 08:06 AM

Now that I have been bitten by the cruise bug again. In great part due to the Silversea and Crystal posts on this board I have decided I need to take a cruise. Thanks, by the way :-) However, I am having difficulty finding a friend to join me. Since I am not letting that stop me, does anyone know if any cruise ships have single cabins available (preferably in the luxury liner class)?
Shelley
Old 07-25-2004, 08:06 AM

Now that I have been bitten by the cruise bug again. In great part due to the Silversea and Crystal posts on this board I have decided I need to take a cruise. Thanks, by the way :-) However, I am having difficulty finding a friend to join me. Since I am not letting that stop me, does anyone know if any cruise ships have single cabins available (preferably in the luxury liner class)?
Shelley
Old 07-25-2004, 09:01 AM

Hi Shelley,

I don't think many luxury ships have single cabins. I only know one - Peter Deilmann's M/S "Deutschland". While it is a German ship, there are usually some English-speaking passengers onboard, and the ship caters well to them from what I have heard.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-25-2004, 05:04 PM

Shelley,
The only luxury line that I am aware of that offers "single cabins" is Cunard, but I think you would be much better off by taking advantage of the "single special" rates that are offered. (As for example the Silversea promo). It is by far a much better deal and a far superior stateroom, besides the fact that single cabins are in very limited supply.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-27-2004, 06:04 AM

Thanks for the info. Is there a good source/site for checking on ships that are offering single specials?
Old 07-27-2004, 02:31 PM

Hi Shelley,

I would check with a cruise-specialized travel agent, probably one which also specializes in cruise for singles. Maybe Nancy can help you.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-28-2004, 12:56 PM

Thanks Raoul! Shelley, I do agree that your first choice should be a local travel agent that you trust (preferably one who specializes in the singles cruise market). If, that is not a viable option for you, I might suggest you check out my website www.singlescruisecenter.com. or go to Nancy's page on CruiseReviews. I have a written a number of articles specifically for singles cruisers and the website has a list of single specials that is updated regularly. Hope that helps -
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-30-2004, 05:37 AM

Thanks Raoul and Nancy. I do have a travel agent I trust, but she is not tuned into the "single specials" market. I appreciate the info as I am not looking for a "Singles Cruise", persay, but ones that offer a pricing break. As you suggested, I will check the website to see what is available.
Shelley
Old 07-31-2004, 09:59 AM

You're welcome Shelley. Let me know if there is any other way I can help you. And if I hear of any late breaking "singles deals" I will make sure to give you a heads up on this board.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
america, cabins, cruise, cruises, holland, lin, lines, offer, offering, rci, ships, single, singles, staterooms, ststerooms