Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Solo Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by queenofcruzin:
I am with Penny, I love cruising with others, but I also loved cruising solo. Having the freedom to do what I want, when I wanted is a great part of cruising solo.

When I recently cruised with my new hubby for the first time, it threw me for a loop when he wanted to do things I had never done before. I went along with his choices(being a happ newlywed), and sometimes he made better choices and then sometimes I gently suggested my way, he didn't always agree, but we continued to find out more about each other in a very good way. I would certainly cruise solo again if he couldn't go, and enjoy the solo part of cruising.

I also agree with Penny that excursions and certain events on the ship, I would always run into the same people who share common interests. I never attended singles events either. I never tried Freestyle or Anytime dining on my own, but I think if you asked to share a table with others, the Maitre d is very understanding.
Yes, certain aspects of going solo are at an advantage. I will check out excursions, if I can afford them. Eating alone isn't something NCL is helpful with. Sharing tables is what I have tried but they don't put any effort into finding a table to share...at least that has been my experience. Thanks...appreciate your post
Old 05-05-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
The new NCL Epic will have special single studio cabins that are priced better for the single person. NCL may also be a better fit for you to meet other singles to mingle with.
Thanks....I will look into that
Old 05-06-2010, 06:12 AM

CDBermuda, I wish you a wonderful cruise, perfect weather, great food, relaxation, and a table to share at dinner I totally understand about eating alone, have done it for years and years. It seems like everyone stares at you when you enter a restaurant alone, as if you were some kind of freak. But, hey, if I'm hungry, I'm going to eat. I usually people watch and eavesdrop, then thank my lucky stares I'm not having to be a part of some of the junk you hear. I take my time, enjoy my dinner, and sometimes sit and enjoy an after dinner drink. The only hard thing is when you have to go to the bathroom. I've had some bus the table while I was gone. I come back and the server has to bring everything back. Honest, it has happened more than once. So far, they haven't given my table away

Best wishes!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
CDBermuda, I wish you a wonderful cruise, perfect weather, great food, relaxation, and a table to share at dinner I totally understand about eating alone, have done it for years and years. It seems like everyone stares at you when you enter a restaurant alone, as if you were some kind of freak. But, hey, if I'm hungry, I'm going to eat. I usually people watch and eavesdrop, then thank my lucky stares I'm not having to be a part of some of the junk you hear. I take my time, enjoy my dinner, and sometimes sit and enjoy an after dinner drink. The only hard thing is when you have to go to the bathroom. I've had some bus the table while I was gone. I come back and the server has to bring everything back. Honest, it has happened more than once. So far, they haven't given my table away

Best wishes!
Penny...lol...how funny! I suppose I may have to leave a note if I do head to the bathroom....lol. Would never have thought of that...good tip! I will take your good wishes, thank you, and I plan on having lots of relaxation. I take care of premie triplets(yes...3) as a nanny. I work ridiculously long hours and I need a vacation so badly. I am counting the days. Thanks so much!
~Chris
Old 05-11-2010, 07:06 PM

Wow, Penny, I've never thought of that having to leave a table for a minute if I'm alone. Good advice though to leave something letting the waiter know you're not done.

Good advice to know about the NCL Epic. Maybe I'll look into that for my next cruise. With my parents' work schedule, it makes it difficult now for us to do family vacations, so I'm going on my third solo cruise in October, but I've always requested a smaller table as opposed to a bigger table for dinner.

The issue I have with the big table is it's hard to carry on a conversation if it's a rectangular table and you're trying to talk to someone across the table on the other side. Example, I'm seated at the near right, and trying to talk to someone at the far left.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruiser, cruising, crusing, enjoy, great, lonely, loop, ncl, people, reviews, run, solo