Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Solo Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Banned

Is there such thing as just a 1 person rate?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:08 AM
It depends on the cruise line and sometimes the cabin. Single supplements are anywhere from 150% to a full 200% of the double occupancy rates. Some ships have small cabins intended for single cruisers; they are less than what they charge for a single in a double cabin.
Some cruise lines and cruise oriented travel agencies will match you up with another single cruiser of you don't mind traveling with a stranger and want to save money.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:16 AM

Most cruiselines but not all will match you with someone your own sex. I don't RCC guarentees it though.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Most cruiselines but not all will match you with someone your own sex.

Why would anyone want to sleep with someone you dont even know? I know I couldnt, especially the same sex. Im not against Gay people but that sounds kinda gay hooking up with an unknown roomie for 4 to 8 nights.
Mybe its Just not for me.

Edit: I just read what I wrote and needed to explain.... no Offence to any gay people that have read that.
on my behalf Im all for Gay marraige
(as long as both chicks are hot)
Old 01-08-2007, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Looking at it from a purely non-sexual point of view.....no way could I ever share a cabin with someone I didn't know. I really don't know how anyone would even consider it. You don't know the other person's habits, hygiene standards, whether they snore, have light fingers, etc. If I couldn't afford to pay the single supplement I would have to look at another vacation option.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:47 PM

The single supplement is the best money one can spend. I'd gladly pay it on the upcoming Holiday but my wife insists on going!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 01-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Administrator

I actually paid the single supplement once - this on the Holiday cruise when I took my mother-in-law along with us. In that case, I stayed alone in an outside standard cabin while my wife, her mom, and our son stayed in the Cat. 12 suite. Before the cheap comments cascade.....it was my mother-in-law's first cruise and she was 78 years old at the time. There was no way I was going to leave her alone in a cabin, and there was also no way I was not going to let her have the best accomodations. She is a wonderful human being and I am not just saying that!

Anyway, I liked having a regular cabin to myself. But I doubt I'll pay that premium again.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:11 PM

I went on a cruise. I had a single occupancy.
I went went friends who went double.
I was surprise to see how much more the cruise was. I called and asked why, they told me that
ALL the rooms are double occupanies. I told them not true. My room was made for a single
occupany. There would be now way another twin bed would have fit. My twin bed did.

SO other friends are going on another cruise and now they are losing money with me. I told the cruise company how I think it is unfair.
I am NOT asking for a suite or balcony room.
Just a small cabinet as I had.

So now with the money that they lost, plus, the
money I would have spent on board.

Sad...if I lived near a port I probably could get a discount at a very reasonable price.

I heard that once a boat is ready to pull out and the ship is not full...you can bargin and get a great deal. The ship is going to go regardless and they would rather have somebody pay something than have an empty room.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:57 PM

Although I've never cruised as a "single", and I am NOT gay...I don't think I'd have a prob sharing a cabin with a stranger.(but it would definately have to be with someone of the SAME sex.)

About the only way I could share a cabin with someone of the opposite sex is if it's with someone I already know.(I do have a few single GUY friends I feel comfortable with.)
Old 04-16-2007, 06:59 PM
I have never heard of a single rate. I have always had to pay the supplement. It is cheaper to travel solo with an inside cabin, at least on Carnival. They only charge 50% of the second fare.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carribean, cost, cruiser, double, occupancy, occupency, pay, paying, princess, rates, room, single, solo, supplement, unfairness